Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How much of a PITA is a permanently-attached flash hider?

Feedback Score
    The only time I've had to remove a permanent FH was a Bushy/Phantom factory set up. The fiberglass Dremel cut-off wheels and some very steady hands made for an easy job. We cut a small groove on the side (not going all the way through) and another groove on the opposite side, then put a screwdriver in the groove and gave it a twist. Pop! The threads underneath were not as pretty as a brand new barrel's, but they were still quite servicable without having to rethread. A new, non-permanent Vortex installed without a hitch, and covered up the small area where the blind pin used to be.

If you have experience with a particular barrel-nut rail system that you know works for you and your requirements (LaRue for me), then do not hesitate to make things permanent. If not and you use the standard barrel nut, you can then change from regular handguards to the clamp-on or piggypack style rails (RAS/RIS, RAS-II, SureFire, Troy, Vltor, etc.)
    You can even install/remove an old Arms SIR...

SBR paperwork may be a hassle to you for only a couple inches, but consider it if going the really short route. I'd like to see a photo of your SOCFK with a 6933 next to it...

Feedback Score
    Help me out here.
    If it has to measure 16" to be legal, why would you only want 10.5" of it rifled?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123