Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SR-25 build

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

SR-25 build

Will a A2 fixed stock fit on a SR-25 EMC? Also would you be able to cut a SR-25 20" barrel down? To say around 14.5" and perm attach a brake?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwatts62081 View Post
    Will a A2 fixed stock fit on a SR-25 EMC? Also would you be able to cut a SR-25 20" barrel down? To say around 14.5" and perm attach a brake?
    A 308 with a 14.5" barrel?? That's gonna have some nasty muzzle blast! It's bad enough from a 16" barrel!

There's no reason why you can't cut the barrel down. However, 20" barrels are generally equipped with rifle length gas systems. How close will that cut put the gas port to the muzzle?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Are you going to start with a SR-25 EMC or EMR?

If you are getting the EMC which is 16" why not leave it no sense in cutting it for a half inch of length.
    Last edited by shittercrewchief; 08-23-10 at 14:35.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    If I start with a EMC I wanna add a A2 stock. If I start with a EMR I want to cut the barrel down to 14.5" and perm attach a brake.
    I just want to know if these options are possible.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Considering the nature of the SR-25s, and the barrel length you want, have you considered another platform like the JP LRP .308?
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    No No No

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    That wasn't helpful...
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I am considering building a .308 carbine off of an Iron Ridge or Mega upper/lower combo...based on prices. The SR-25 EMC has 99% of what I want already except for the UBR or a fixed stock
    Last edited by Rwatts62081; 08-23-10 at 17:46.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    For all practical terms a 16" will work better than any 14.X" setup in .308. Being able to change muzzle devices will be much more relevant in that platform. Something akin to an EMC with a UBR/EMOD/ACS/SOPMOD stock should work pretty well.

If you want two, the LMT .308 MWS might be worth consideration - shares some important similarity with the KAC, and a great choice if you don't plan on running suppressed. Not much in the way of barrel availability yet, but it will get there.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

AnchorStation Guest
    I dont like quoting folks unless I can do so directly...but a frequent poster here who works for KAC has said (more than once) they (KAC) tried shorter lengths.

There is a reason they stuck with the 16" length for the current crop. Accuracy and flash are not the issue IMO as POF 14.5 shoot just fine. However they are not DI rifles. I beleive that the best reliability will be from the 16"

To answer your question there is nothing voodoo about cutting the barrel, recrowning, threadding and pinning and welding a FH. Since we are speaking of KAC your smith may need some special tools to dissassemble.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast