Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: MK318 Mod 0 - accuracy evaluation and chronograph data

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terlingueno View Post
    1900's?????
    Crap, I just ordered 820 rounds of the brown box. It better be in the 2900's or it's going back.
    Sorry. 2900. I meant 2900

Feedback Score
    Ordered two 500rd cases from US Armorment last week. Since the last reviews on here, has consistency, reliability, and accuracy been improved? It's tough to find, but reviews have led me to believe that it's better than the Armiy's M855A1. If I'm wrong, please correct me...

Thanks for your input...

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Enjoyed reading this...again. In part bc its empirical, interesting, and I appreciate your detail & part bc I recall the post quality that once existed on 1 of my fav. forums.
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I had to re-read the first post to figure out what Mk318 is again. Wish there was more action on this forum too. I've been trying to post a few test/load threads to contribute a little something, but it's quieter than usual.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I had to re-read the first post to figure out what Mk318 is again. Wish there was more action on this forum too. I've been trying to post a few test/load threads to contribute a little something, but it's quieter than usual.
    I was reading your Bergara Barrel boys post last night, maybe im getting sentimental. Ill try and drum some talk up.. new crowd, new opinions.. surely we can find some nonsense to shoot the shit over. Good seeing you around -
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Well, most of the SMEs are gone, and it looks like the owners aren’t particularly concerned about that. Also, seems that we now allow people to post in GD and EE without ever contributing to a shooting topic first.

And I think since the ammo crunch even fewer people here than before actually shoot much.

I did post another gun in the Custom Build Forum yesterday. Unfortunately I don’t load the sort of ammo that people would find interesting in this forum. Maybe someday soon I’ll mess with those RMR 69s and share my results.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I still have a boner for those 85 gr Match Burners. I don't get the low interest in a mag length 85 gr OTM that almost any ARs twist rate can handle. I'm still updating that thread.. interest or not.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I still have a boner for those 85 gr Match Burners. I don't get the low interest in a mag length 85 gr OTM that almost any ARs twist rate can handle. I'm still updating that thread.. interest or not.
    I’m watching it; I just have no input. Blew my mind that they fit in a mag. I’d kick you a few bucks if we can get Andrew from “The Chopping Block” to launch a few into calibrated gel blocks from a couple different barrels. I’d expect them to thump hard from a Mk18 or 11.5” URGI and still do good out to a couple hundo.

Maybe one day I’ll get into futzing with jello myself.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6.8mmSPC_Fan View Post
    ... has consistency, reliability, and accuracy been improved? It's tough to find, but reviews have led me to believe that it's better than the Armiy's M855A1. If I'm wrong, please correct me ...
    Molon always does a superior job with his reviews -- not pumping sunshine up his ass, but he is both objective and curious. When you're doing this for fun you can be impartial.

Back to page 1, this is a fairly lightweight "Barrier blind" cartridge that groups around 3-inches from good guns (free-floated, high magnification, awesome trigger, solid rest), shot by an experienced precision queer with near-perfect technique.

3-inch groups.

If I take the time to track down those same components and load them myself, what do I gain from 3-inch groups? I rarely find myself shooting through windshields, Fiats, adobe walls, and fences.

If I load my primary (free-float mid-length, optic, Geissele trigger) with some sort of Sierra, Berger, or Nosler match bullet I can put the round exactly where I'm pointing at fair distances. 3-MOA may work for you. If I'm OK with 3-MOA I'm shooting 55-grain Hornady Ball bullets, much cheaper.

I'm not saying not to buy it, shoot it, and enjoy it -- I'm saying for me the math isn't worth the squeeze.

Hornady used to make an 82-grain magazine length match bullet you could only buy through Fin, Feather, and Fur on Commercial Row at the National Matches at Camp Perry. They were available for five years, but I've never heard of anybody using (or winning) with them.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I’m watching it; I just have no input. Blew my mind that they fit in a mag. I’d kick you a few bucks if we can get Andrew from “The Chopping Block” to launch a few into calibrated gel blocks from a couple different barrels. I’d expect them to thump hard from a Mk18 or 11.5” URGI and still do good out to a couple hundo.

Maybe one day I’ll get into futzing with jello myself.
    I don't know what the Chopping block is, but I'd kick some 87 and 85 gr ammo in to see it in real gel. Like you say.. out of a 10.5 or 11.5 for sure.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast