Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New to the AR? Need help with your first purchase? READ HERE FIRST!!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    That's what attracted me to them and it also makes me suspicious they must be cutting corners.

Any info on whether they go through the same quality assurances that people like Colt, Daniel Defense, Noveske, or some of the other serious-grade AR's go through?
    Probably not intentionally, but you're stirring up a huge hornets nest with this question.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Probably not intentionally, but you're stirring up a huge hornets nest with this question.

Oops, not trying to stir up anything, just that there are high end and low end M4's, and I'm just looking to get a good one. I don't want to settle for the cheapest thing I can get.

I just know too many "old school" geezers like myself that grew up thinking "Colt or nothing," so I really want to research this before I buy some other brand, that's all.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    IMHO you're never going to go wrong with a Colt. My general advice of "buy a Colt 6920, put an Aimpoint on it and a quality two-point sling and go shoot the hell out of it" still stands. I don't know anyone that's taken that advice and turned out sorry they did.

Feedback Score
    So I'm a complete newbie to all of this. I don't know what all the letters mean or any of that. My knowledge consists of what they taught us in law enforcement on basic shooting. I'm planning on buying (building) an AR that I can use for both patrol and hobby.

My question is more on what pieces do I need? I know an upper and a lower but I'm pretty sure if I just buy any upper and any lower I'm going to be screwed haha. I know I'll need a handgaurd, probably a rear sight, a charging handle? Does anyone have a list of the basics needed to build a good AR on a budget? (I.E. upper, lower, handgaurd, charging handle, rear sight... and so on?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I understand there are big differences between brands and all of that but I think I need to know what pieces I need before deciding what brand of those pieces.

-Nick

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Feedback Score

Good Experience with CMMG

Have had good luck with my Bargain Bin CMMG with a 1:9 twist. Reliable with Federal 55. Cost: $599. No complaints so far.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I would would buy a complete lower from LMT or BCM then buy a complete upper from either. Add a rear sight and handguards and you have a high quality rifle.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    this thread should be stuckied to the top of every page on this board.

Feedback Score

The MilSpec Definition

http://www.americanrifleman.org/Arti...?id=2259&cid=4

thought this was a good read, newb's as well as seasoned shooters.

Feedback Score

Just a FNG

I know you guys are not that into RRA got 2 with 20" barrels 5.56 and .308 every time I pull the trigger they go bang.I'm hard on everything I own so far so good.Today is veteran's day God bless all our brothers and sister you'r sacrifice will never be forgotten.Honor Duty Valor you are loved by my family and the entire country.Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast