Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New to the AR? Need help with your first purchase? READ HERE FIRST!!

Feedback Score
    If I am reading The Chart correctly, and comparing it to the comparion of major commercial brands spreadsheet correctly, it seems as though Colt and BCM are the leaders across the board, with BCM edging out Colt due to the lifetime warranty.

Yet folks here prefer DD, Noveske, LMT, and others at times.

Is the reason "feel"? Brand reputation? Corporate service?

Apologies if this question is too basic. I thought it would be better to post here rather than creating a new thread.

Feedback Score
    I just bought a BCM and I would go with them.The customer service and the parts and fit and finish are all great!If you dont like flashy logos then maybe DD.I have colt and BCM I would take my BCM because it has a hammer forged barrel.Quality I say just as good to not stir up anything.I would care to say go with a cheaper lower good LPK and a bcm upper assembly bcm bcg and I like the gunfighter charging handle.This is all my Bias oppinion not saying bcm is the greatest but I have nothing but good to say about colt and BCM. Oh and the hat, posters,stickers and dvds are a nice touch
    Last edited by US Rifle, Cal. .30, M1; 11-10-12 at 09:38.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bear22 View Post
    If I am reading The Chart correctly, and comparing it to the comparion of major commercial brands spreadsheet correctly, it seems as though Colt and BCM are the leaders across the board, with BCM edging out Colt due to the lifetime warranty.

Apologies if this question is too basic. I thought it would be better to post here rather than creating a new thread.
    The quality of the parts Colt, BCM and Daniel defense use are just like the parts the military M16/M4 use except semi auto VS select fire . So with Colt, BCM and Daniel Defense you are buying machine gun quality parts and the majority of the others bolt action quality parts and assembly.
    Last edited by SteveS; 11-10-12 at 16:50.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bear22 View Post

The quality of the parts Colt, BCM and Daniel defense use are just like the parts the military M16/M4 use except semi auto VS select fire . So with Colt BCM and Daniel Defense you are buying machine gun quality parts and the majority of the others bolt action quality parts.
    Last edited by SteveS; 11-10-12 at 16:49.

Feedback Score
    Thank you!! This sticky really helped me in my quest to gather as much info about ARs before I make my purchase. DD looks pretty good so far..

Feedback Score
    So I'm new to the AR/M4 platform, and there's so much golden info here that I can gather basic ideas of all the general parts of the weapon. But once it gets down into details , specs, and variances of each part it can become overwhelming. So I'm deciding to go ahead and buckle down and make my first purchase so that I can have something to work with/reference to/learn from when I research and browse these forums. From what I've gathered BCM and DD are great weapons and I've also heard great about Knights Armament. would anyone suggest any one over the other two for any particular reason? I think this thread has "go with your gut feeling" written all over it when it comes to BCM and DD. So I guess I'd like to hear someone chime in about Knight's; either an SR-15 IWS E3 CARBINE MOD 2 or an SR-25 E2 APC.

Feedback Score
    I went looking at AR's and noticed some uppers and lowers were fit loose and some were fit tight. which ones are better buy? also, do they get looser over time? and will putting pressure on the upper and lower in opposite directions make it looser? (i was told no....)

Feedback Score
    how much is good to spend on a 1st AR

Feedback Score

help

also. what else do you need to buy when buying an AR. please provide a list of the necessary things to buy. thanks

Feedback Score
    im new too but the DD rifles looked better finish wise.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast