Thread: Info Needed on LMT .308 MWS Barrel Extension

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Info Needed on LMT .308 MWS Barrel Extension

Does anyone have any info on the LMT MWS barrel extension. How is it made? Does it use a standard AR10 extension that has been modified in some fashion? Can it be purchased just by itself?

Not sure I want to wait for LMT to supply addtional barrel options.

Feedback Score
    Its all one piece and part of the barrel, the barrel it self is propietary.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Its all one piece and part of the barrel, the barrel it self is propietary.
    No, it is not one piece, it is two pieces. Did you make this up OTO27? Why?
    Last edited by Suwannee Tim; 08-26-10 at 05:50.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Tim

Your correct, If you own one and look at it its obvious its not all one piece.

What I reall would like to know is if anyone knows exactly how its constructed. We all know the barrel is a part all by itself yet I dont know if its a one piece custom extension or if it is a modified AR10 extension with some sort of sleeve.

I believe the later.

Any thoughts?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    It's my understanding that the MRP barrel extensions for the both the 5.56 mrp and the 308 mws mrp is that they are propreitary and possibly pat pending. I have an MWS and after inspecting the barrel extension you can see that it's two pieces like others have said. I have not seen other 308 extensions as this is my first 308 AR but I have read that they look the same as a standard AR15 extension just bigger, totally different animal then LMT's. With all that being said Rock Creek makes their barrels and from what I have heard they are top notch.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crossgun View Post
    Tim

Your correct, If you own one and look at it its obvious its not all one piece.

What I reall would like to know is if anyone knows exactly how its constructed. We all know the barrel is a part all by itself yet I dont know if its a one piece custom extension or if it is a modified AR10 extension with some sort of sleeve.

I believe the later.

Any thoughts?
    Sorry for the misunderstanding guys, I guess I should have been specific, I know its not a solid true one piece. I ment to say its all one part.

Feedback Score
    I've had my MRP since 2004 and the only people who ever sold the extensions was LMT. They let out a small number and folks used them - the coolest barrel I saw was one of the ABS wrapped ones which was really light. Anyhow, people with the extensions used them and they weren't as reliable as the LMT manufactured barrels so LMT stopped selling them to ensure their name wasn't drug through the mud. So, with that history in mind I doubt we'll see them release extensions for the MWS.

Spooky