Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FULL - Vickers Tactical 2-Day Level-1 Handgun - Feb 4-5, 2011 - College Station, TX

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

FULL - Vickers Tactical 2-Day Level-1 Handgun - Feb 4-5, 2011 - College Station, TX

FULL - Vickers Tactical 2-Day Level-1 Handgun Class - Feb 4-5, 2011 - College Station, Texas

www.vickerstactical.com

Larry Vickers is a decorated US Army Special Forces veteran and national pistol champion. Mr. Vickers has nearly two decades of special operations experience (1 SFOD-Delta), much of which was spent as his unit’s Primary Firearms Instructor. In addition to his special operations accomplishments, his competitive shooting has yielded a 10th and 9th place finish in the 1993 and 1994 USPSA Limited Nationals as well as a 1st place finish in CDP class at the 2001 IDPA Mid-Winter Nationals at Smith & Wesson. Mr. Vickers is a founding member of IDPA. In addition to being a highly experienced operator and national pistol champion, Mr. Vickers is also one of the premier 1911 pistolsmiths in the country and his work has been featured in several firearms publications and on the cover of American Handgunner. In addition to all this, Mr. Vickers has served as a consultant and technical expert to the firearms industry. Mr. Vickers is featured on two new firearms, tactics, and accessories focused T.V. shows called Tactical Impact and Tactical Arms.

Grey Group Training:
    www.greygrouptraining.com

Vickers Tactical 2-Day Level-1 Handgun Class - Feb 4-5, 2011 - College Station, Texas

This class is an entry level course for handgun shooters and is designed specifically for those who have not had any formal instruction or those who wish a refresher class. Topics covered include the following: safety, stance, grip, sight alignment and trigger control. Familiarization with their service pistol includes field stripping and maintenance. In addition to this, other topics that are covered include reloads, draw, and introduction to different skill drills including dry fire and bullseye shooting.

***There are no pre-requisites for this course***

Primary Instructor: Larry Vickers

- Class dates: Feb 4-5, 2011

- Cost: $450

- Range:

Cawthon Cartridge Club
    Cawthon, Tx

www.cccshooters.com

- Class size: Maximum sixteen students

Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:

- Eye and Ear Protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
    - Serviceable handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber
    - Serviceable holster
    - Minimum one double magazine pouch / Ability to carry minimum of two magazines
    - Minimum of three serviceable magazines (5 is better)
    - 1000 rounds of ammunition
    - Suitable range wear depending on the season
    - Good attitude

If you are interested in attending this class please use this link to the Grey Group Training sign-up page:
    http://stores.greygrouptraining.com/...tol/Detail.bok

If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me;
    training@greygrouptraining.com
    Last edited by VA_Dinger; 09-02-10 at 10:03.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    48 (100%)
    So pumped that some training is finally coming to my part of town and on my birthday no less. All signed up but have a couple of questions....

It said backordered when I got my confirmation...does this mean I am on the waiting list?

Which range will this be held at in College Station?
    S/F,
    Daryl

"To know yet to think that one does not know is best;
    Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty."--Lao Tzu

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    I called and they let me know that its just a way to track it online. Im sure your in.
    Last edited by sadmin; 09-01-10 at 22:22.
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoSqueeze View Post
    So pumped that some training is finally coming to my part of town and on my birthday no less. All signed up but have a couple of questions....

It said backordered when I got my confirmation...does this mean I am on the waiting list?

at my buddy's place

www.cccshooters.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoSqueeze View Post

Welcome aboard and thank you for signing up. The "backordered" is just a glitch in our system that is going to be fixed by our new website shortly. You are good-to-go.

These classes are being held at the outstanding Cawthon Cartridge Club in Cawthon, TX. They are extremely switched on guys and we are very pleased to have them as our host.

www.cccshooters.com
    Last edited by VA_Dinger; 09-02-10 at 20:46.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    48 (100%)
    Thanks for the answers Paul and everyone else. I didn't know that we had what looks like an amazing range this close to Houston. I may have to pop by on my way to the Aggie's game this weekend.

-TS
    S/F,
    Daryl

"To know yet to think that one does not know is best;
    Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty."--Lao Tzu

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    unfortunately the range is not open to the public. if you have any questions shoot me a pm

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    A friend and I just signed up. I've never taken a class like this before and I'm extremely excited.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I'm in, and looking forward to taking both the Carbine I and Pistol I class from Mr. Vickers.

I'm giving a lot of thought to doing a "warm-up" class with Mr. Dobbs this fall, he's a Vickers Regional Instructor here in the D/FW area.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    signed up me and my brother for this class. I had trouble deciding between carbine and pistol but since the carbine one is full, made the decision a little easier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast