Thread: A2 Stock question for 6.8

Feedback Score

A2 Stock question for 6.8

Starting my first build. Considering the 6.8.

Will a standard A2 stock be okay or should I consider a heaver buffer/spring?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Feedback Score
    The rifle buffer and spring are actually preferred. The carbine versions for the adjustable stock are what cause the issues, as they need to be heavier to compensate for higher gas pressures. The point is to slow down the cycle.

The high speed videos at vuurwapen show the results, light carbine buffers might work well, but some combinations are actually bouncing off the barrel extension. Rifle buffers don't.

There is one company now making a buffer tube in rifle length for adjustable stocks so the user can have the rifle length buffer and action spring. A lot of shooters also go with A1 stocks to meet their length of pull needs.

Another preventative measure against the potential problems of the carbine is to use midlength gas. It reduces the higher pressures in cycling the action and works better for 16" barrels.

Feedback Score
    I used different A1 and A2 combinations, Colt from SAW and inexpensive from somebody (DPMS?), also slapped it on carbine adjustable with car spring/buffer...zero problems with 16" middy.
    "Men speak of natural rights, but I challenge any one to show where in nature any rights existed or were recognized until there was established for their declaration and protection a duly promulgated body of corresponding laws." --Calvin Coolidge

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the follow-up.

Looks like the standard A2 stock will work just fine.

Rick