Thread: Blue Force Gear/Vickers Tactical 2 point sling

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Blue Force Gear/Vickers Tactical 2 point sling

I finally got around to taking a few pictures of my Blue Force Gear/Vickers Tactical two-point sling. I've had mine for a few months now and I will have to say that I'm very impressed. The design itself is simply outstanding and the materials & construction is top of line quality. It is a serious up-grade over the Boonie Packer two point I have been using for the past year or so. It's better constructed and easier & quicker to adjust. All I need now is about three more.

I ended up going with this set-up:
    (1.) Blue Force / Vickers Tactical two-point sling
    (2.) Front mount: Midwest Industries (MI) #6 side mount sling swivel
    (3.) Rear mount: Vltor QD Sling Swivel

I could not be more pleased and highly suggest this sling to everybody.

Some photos of my set-up.

Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    I am quite impressed with my new Vickers sling as well.

Side note, how does the MI sling mount compare with a DD of the same style? I need one and am trying to decide between the two.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    I have the DD on there but do not liket he swival, I just ordered the MI-6, I love the sling, I am a tried and true single point guy but this is growing on me
    "Respect all, fear none"

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I've been using 2 of the Vickers slings for the last couple months. Used them several times in training and on a few SWAT calls.

I have tried / used most everything on the market over the last 16 years, and the Vickers sling has everything else beat hands down!!!

It has all the advantages of both the single point and three point slings and none of the draw backs.

The Vickers sling has just the right amount of retention without being overly restrictive. The sling doesn't get caught up on gear like other slings, it doesn't cover any of the controls on the gun like some other designs, it doesn't dangle aimlessly when you drop it to perform other tasks with your hands, etc, etc, etc. It's by far the fastest adjusting sling that I have ever used.

I'm in the process of switching all my slings over to the Blue Force Gear Vickers sling.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC03
    I've been using 2 of the Vickers slings for the last couple months. Used them several times in training and on a few SWAT calls.

I have tried / used most everything on the market over the last 16 years, and the Vickers sling has everything else beat hands down!!!

It has all the advantages of both the single point and three point slings and none of the draw backs.

The Vickers sling has just the right amount of retention without being overly restrictive. The sling doesn't get caught up on gear like other slings, it doesn't cover any of the controls on the gun like some other designs, it doesn't dangle aimlessly when you drop it to perform other tasks with your hands, etc, etc, etc. It's by far the fastest adjusting sling that I have ever used.

I'm in the process of switching all my slings over to the Blue Force Gear Vickers sling.
    Have you tried the Viking Tactics? If so, how do they compare against one another?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart
    Have you tried the Viking Tactics? If so, how do they compare against one another?
    Yes I have used the VTAC in the past, but I didn't give it a fair shake when I first tried it.

The two slings are somewhat simular in design, but the Vickers sling is more modular, has a far superior adjustment system, uses better materials, the leash isn't as long, has many more mounting options, etc.

I've used the Vickers sling on 2 SWAT calls this week and have had zero issues that I had with single point and three point slings when wearing gear.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC03
    Damn, Jeff, that's a lot of slings (and probably rail disconnects). Did you have to take a second mortgage?