Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Setting up a new G19

Feedback Score

Setting up a new G19

I've been buying into the philsophy of m4carbine.net in that its better to stick to one firearm instead of a variety, and "Two Is One". So today I traded a couple of shotguns for another Gen 3 Glock 19. It has the factory plastic sights, so they need to go.

My carry G19 has a set of Glock Night Sights. I was thinking of a Warren Tactical Tritium Front Sight / Plain Rear Mix on this new G19.

My question is would it be better to just stick with GNS/Meprolights to keep everything the same training wise, or would it really not make a difference?

Feedback Score

train

i would say the single most important thing is TRAINING with the weapons you plan on using.Usefulness grows as you learn each better. When operation in a crisis is a non-thought, you are ready.Regardless of what you install on them.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    It's all a personnel thing. My G19 and G22 both have night sights, extended slide locks, Vickers mag release and a NY trigger with a 3.5# connector. That's the set up I like. Someone else may disagree.

I will say that nothing can take the place of training and getting to know your weapon.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    I'd do it. But would choose the 3-lamp configuration to stay closer to my other glock's factory night-sights.

I have the 3-lamp warrens on my g26 and even though I shoot the g19 and g17 more (both with factory nightsights), the warren's front sight is still easier to pick up at speed for me.

Feedback Score
    I prefer a front night sight and a plain rear sight. I find that it's a bit easier to shoot in low light with just a tritium front instead of trying to makes sense of three glowing dots.

The different sight setups won't make a significant difference.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Handgun sights are like holsters in that they are a pretty personal and varied choice and that there are fortunately many "right answers". Personally I prefer a front with some kind of tritium and a rear that is as plain as possible, but others have other configurations they prefer.

Ameriglo makes several sights that, thanks in part to some recent "celebrity" endorsements, are getting some renewed attention.

The good news is that Glock is no longer using the pressed-in front sights and instead is now screwing them in so at least they aren't falling out as often. The secondary issue of the odd alignment with the which u-notch rear and the fact that the dot front doesn't really center in the notch is something that can only be addressed by changing them out.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    As Rob mentioned, sights are intensely personal things and finding the setup that works best for you often requires some experimentation. Having a second handgun that is identical to your primary makes for a good test bed for figuring out what works best for you.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    My preference for the Glock is the Warren plain rear with the tritium front. That's what has worked for me for several years. Ameriglo also has many options you can pick and choose from and they have excellent CS.

As has been said you just have to train and find what works for you. And FWIW I have had lukewarm results at best with Meprolight.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    As Rob mentioned, sights are intensely personal things and finding the setup that works best for you often requires some experimentation. Having a second handgun that is identical to your primary makes for a good test bed for figuring out what works best for you.
    What they said. I like the Ameriglos myself and you can find alarge thread on them here.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=20370

I would personally use your secondary as an experimental weapon to try out different sights until you find out what you really like then I would make both of them identical.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The safe bet would be to purchase and install the 3-dot Warrens. That would be as close to your other Glock as you could get and then, eventually, transition your other Glock over as well. As time and funds allow.

I do like the other suggestion that you use your second Glock to experiment with a different sight combo. I don't think you can go wrong either way. One way might cost you a bit more money but could be worth it in the long run.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast