Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Setting up a new G19

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    I do like the other suggestion that you use your second Glock to experiment with a different sight combo.
    Before JW mentioned it I didn't even think of this, but I do the same thing both with the Glocks and my ARs. Having a "test bed" gun and a "go to" gun is a good way to make sure you always have at least one known good gun with known good parts & pieces that you know how to use (even if they are less than ideal).

Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the replies.

I was thinking a tritium front / plain rear, or maybe a tritium 2 dot setup would be best for this new G19. 3 Dot setups are a little bit harder for me to pickup the front sight. My eyes want to focus on the rear sight more since its busier. I've always been a fan of the Beretta 92/M9 Dot & Post sights since it is much easier for me to pickup the front sight.

I think I may go with the Ameriglo I-DOT sights since its a 2-dot setup with a fairly large rear sight opening.

Feedback Score
    Here are a couple of pics of mine.
    Pretty happy with it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556A2 View Post
    I was thinking of a Warren Tactical Tritium Front Sight / Plain Rear Mix on this new G19.
    Two thumbs up on that combo- it's the perfect balance of speed and accuracy for me. I find one dot is faster than three. YMMV.

3.5# connector and the Vickers mag release for me also......and keep the stock slide release.

Feedback Score
    Whichever way you go with the sights, I think it would definitely be best if both pistols were setup the same way. I personally prefer a black rear sight, and a single dot up front. That's the way I have my Glock 19's setup. You should pick your favorite way, and do both the same.
    Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and there is the land of Bliss. ~ Miyamoto Musashi

DISCLOSURE: I represent SECRET CITY WEAPONEERS, purveyor of K-25 Multi-Role Concealment Holsters. I may, therefore, be biased...

Feedback Score
    The extended slide stop lever is an absolute must-have for me and makes the gun much more enjoyable.

I had someone talk me out of the extended magazine catch. He said he had problems with mags ejecting when he bumped up against something (car console, etc.).

I don't know about that, and after seeing the little Magpul Dynamics trick about using the reaction hand to roll the magazine catch into your thumb, I don't know that I would want it.

I really like blacked-out sights and bought the 10-8's from Larue. I probably wouldn't do that again. The front sight is a bad fit for the opening and came loose. They also came with a bit of rust on them.

Feedback Score
    I agree with those who say same sights on both pistols, also agree with the fact that sights are a personal preference thing...
    That said, I do have to say that the Warren's or really most any of the others mentioned are going to show you what you've been missing bigtime, I took a set of factory Mepro's off a Glock not too long ago and had to measure them just for ha-ha's, the front came in at freaking' .160"! (stupid wide for a front, just ridiculous) and the rear notch was real narrow too, only like .140" IIRC, they're bright, but that's about it... Think you'll find most guys around here running set-ups with the fronts in the .125" neighborhood with a rear notch around a .150" or so, world of difference like night and day actually.

Prepare to be psyched.

Beyond sights, Vickers mag release, stock slide release (avoid the extended aka the Devil's slide release unless you like premature lock-back or no lock-back on empty mags).
    Last edited by ck1; 08-30-10 at 22:18.

Feedback Score
    The biggest improvement IMO on a stock 19 is to install a glock 17 trigger w/ trigger bar- Smooth trigger-
    BUY IT CHEAP AND STACK IT DEEP

Feedback Score
    3rd Gen G19's: Good sights (Warren or Ameriglo work well), Vickers mag catch, stipple the grip. Shoot it...a lot. If you like the set-up, then change your other G19 to match.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by COLT6933 View Post
    The biggest improvement IMO on a stock 19 is to install a glock 17 trigger w/ trigger bar- Smooth trigger-
    +1. Forgot 19's come with the cheese-grater trigger...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast