Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deltapoint milled into 1911

Feedback Score

Deltapoint milled into 1911

Here is a project i just finished about two hours ago. will offer it on most 1911's. sight cuts can affect capability. Milling into slide alows use of co-witness and pretty much factory height sights for a lower 1/4 co-witness.

David Bowie

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Looks good. When you get a chance could you snap a sight picture pic. I have a 1911 that might head your way soon.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    David...quit torturing me!

My M&P9c should be arriving at your shop tomorrow for a Deltapoint install.

Trvlngnrs

Feedback Score
    OUTSTANDING!

Can you also mill an RMR onto a 1911 slide or do you feel the Deltapoint is the better option for this application?

Also, will the installation only work on GI style and Series 70 1911's or can you get it to function on Series 80 pistols?
    Last edited by DocGKR; 08-31-10 at 00:38.

Feedback Score
    I still have some checking to do on series 80 slides. Since i am not a 1911 pistol smith all the measurments to the depth of things are not locked in my head. I think they are OK but i can't be sure till i get my hands on a slide. I just got rid of my only 80 slide about 3 months ago. I will be grabbing a buddies first of the week. As for RMR the trouble is the slide width. The RMR screws will break out the side of some slide cocking serrations valleys. The overall slide width would just hold them but even this caspian slide would break out and some would be scary thin.

David Bowie

Feedback Score

This is the co-witness view. The picture is pretty poor and the lighting makes the triangle look round. It is in fact a very nice triangle. Sorry I don't have a good camera for this.

David Bowie
    Last edited by Bowie Tactical; 08-31-10 at 07:36.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Thanks for the pic. It gives me an idea of what I could expect. What would you charge for this service? Didn't see it on your website.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    It's on the pictures on my site. But milling for RDS is $175 for BUIS rear $50 sight cost depends on front and rear needs. You could expect somwhere from $55 to $65 though.

David Bowie

Feedback Score
    That 1911 looks somewhat familiar!!!! Send it back NOW!!!

Lynn

Feedback Score
    Lynn you'll have it Wednesday. the barrel may be shot out but the sights are awsome. LMAO

David Bowie

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast