Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Deltapoint milled into 1911

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowie Tactical View Post
    the barrel may be shot out but the sights are awsome.
    Too funny! That looks great.
    Last edited by Exiledviking; 08-31-10 at 16:48.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That looks very nice. Am contemplating the small dot approach on my G34 to tinker with and may be eventually doing so on my carry G21. How does the DeltaPoint stack up against the Trijicon RMR? Price wise the Delta is more attractive for sure and it also appears to a bit smaller form factor... Too many choices. LOL by the time I decide EOTech and Aimpoint will jump in and screw me up even more...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

lynn's gun

David u really need to shoot it for a month or so, maybe 4-5000 Rd's to be sure it works. (also to make Lynn suffer)

how u doing ?? really nice wife at shot

see ya soon
    Last edited by jjw; 08-31-10 at 22:10.

Feedback Score
    The trijicon and deltapoint are both awsome sights. The rmr is probably a little more rugged but to a point that on handguns i don't think it matters. I have been playing with both alot and like the triangle alot of the delta. its shape really grabs your eyes and gives a fine aiming point at some distance while still giving a big dot for close and fast. I would not suggest the smaller size dots on handguns for fighting or action type shooting. remember at handgun ranges the dots are pretty small. I have changed my M&P for SWAT to the Deltapoint.
    JJW, i would keep Lynn's gun longer but he'll whine and cry, and I do have to teach with him so i guess i'll let him have it back, and thanks for the compliment on my wife she is a sweetie. She did an awsome job shooting on the SPIKE tv show we have been on lately. Many have said she was way better looking then Ken or I, so we had no one watching us !! probably true.

David Bowie

Feedback Score
    28 (97%)
    I find it really interesting that putting tiny RDS is getting more and more popular on practical (and race) handguns. This is spectacular.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I can comment that the triangle on the Deltapoint is very nice once you get the hang of how to use it. I shot a USPSA stage the other night that involved all paper at ~5 yards and then finished with 3-5 pepper poppers at 20-25 yards. The triangle worked great in that I was able to run the stage very fast when it called for it, and then slow down and put the tip of the triangle on the sweet spot of the popper and drop them easily.

In a defensive role I could easily envision a situation that went from fast/dynamic engagements to needing to be able to make a high-percentage shot, and the Deltapoint IMHO is great for that. and since it's an RDS you're not shifting your eye focus from sight to target and back again over and over, you're keeping your focus on the threat and simply super-imposing the dot over whatever needs to be shot.

I'm not a 1911 shooter anymore but that does look interesting.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masternave View Post
    I find it really interesting that putting tiny RDS is getting more and more popular on practical (and race) handguns. This is spectacular.
    I think it's a combination of factors, not the least of which is a current crop of optics that offer the kind of durability needed in this application. I would bet that an RDS on a handgun slide probably gets a greater amount of shock than an Aimpoint or Eotech mounted on a carbine.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mr. Bowie, thanks for the feedback on the Delta. Aside from the price and apparently smaller form factor, I was interested in the Delta due to the triangle. Like you, I like the idea of having a small point to use during slow accurate fire, but being able to have the bigger triangle up close and fast. With that in mind I am surprised that Trijicon went with the dot in favor of a triangle. They already make triangle based sights in various colors.

I am also in the happy to see smaller ruggedized dots appearing that make it feasible for use on defensive guns. As with the carbine world there is a huge advantage to having the target and sight on the same plane, even if you have good eyes.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I like that a lot!! I need to consider this now, I was going to get an M&P 9 full size cut down to compact magazines and have a red dot added.... I might just have my 1911 done this way now.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Has anyone experienced fouling/clouding of the reflex sight on a 1911? I have no experience with a reflex sight but do have CT grips on my 1911 and find that the laser tends to cloud after a magazine or so depending on how much lube has been used prior to the range session.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast