Thread: Lasermax For Glock??

Feedback Score

Lasermax For Glock??

Has anyone used the lasermax laser sight for Glock? I used the search but could not find anything on them. Good? Bad? Let me know... Thanks.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    IMO: Save yourself the time & trouble; just buy a set of Crimson Trace.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_Dinger View Post
    IMO: Save yourself the time & trouble; just buy a set of Crimson Trace.
    Unfortunately, for some reason we are not authorized to use the Crimson Trace. Why I do not know, that is why I was looking into the Lasermax.

Feedback Score
    +1 on the crimson trace grips
    I dont like the way the lasermax has to be turned on manually, and the fact that a lot of them that i know have broken in the past.
    Just my oppinion.
    ACADEMI Firearms, Tactics and Driving Instructor
    VA Arms Co FFL/SOT part-time armorer
    certified HK/BUSHMASTER armorer
    “There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

Feedback Score
    One of the guys I work with has one in his off-duty Glock 19, and it seems that the zero shifts every time he field strips it. That, and I have a slight problem with replacing a perfectly functional (and very relevant) internal part like the recoil spring assembly with something like that.

In my humble barely educated opinion (10 years carrying a G22, certified armorer), the Crimson Trace is the way to go. Unfortunately, they're not authorized for us either.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnson601 View Post
    Unfortunately, for some reason we are not authorized to use the Crimson Trace. Why I do not know, that is why I was looking into the Lasermax.
    Wow, that sucks.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    I took my new glock 22 with the lasermax to a qualification shoot yesterday. So far I am not to impressed. It seemed to shoot fine but when I got back home I field stripped the gun to give it a quick cleaning (only fired 100rds) and noticed the laser guide rod was worn, it is worn bad, you cant eaven read the lettering on the rod. The good ol' lasermax was replaced by the factory guide rod and spring. I will be shipping it back today for a refund. Lately I have not had the best of luck with my new stuff.

Feedback Score
    There's some good advice given above.

I have 2 LaserMax's . . . for my Sig P229/.40 & P239/.40. I've had to return both of them twice, each: once to have them "custom aligned" because they were so far off at relatively short distances (they aren't POI adjustable for windage or elevation).

Also, I had the front lens fall out and get lost on both of them, so I had to send them in to get fixed. I use GunScrubber spray cleaner, and I'm wondering if it loosened the glue that holds the lenses in, but who knows.

To LaserMax's credit, their customer service was outstanding - - never balked or hesitated to take care of my issues.

I do like the LaserMax's pulsating red dot, vice a steady beam - - it seems easier and quicker to pick up (just my opinion - - YMMV).

Both of mine work good now, and I'm happy with them; but if I had to do it over again, I think I'd go with CrimsonTrace.