Thread: Procedure for purchasing an SBR in PA?

Feedback Score

Procedure for purchasing an SBR in PA?

Greetings everyone,
    1st off I attempted to search for any existing Q’s & A’s on this Topic but had no luck so here I go. I am from Philadelphia, PA and I would like to purchase an SBR. I am a bit aware of the Process and Forms required along with a $200.00 Fee to purchase the SBR but what keeps throwing me off is Do I need to obtain the Stamp 1st and then purchase the SBR/ 10.5 Barrel or do I need to order the SBR and at the same time submit the paperwork to the ATF? The reason I ask this is because I have the forms and on atf-f-5230-1 blocks 4a through 4i keep throwing me off due to not having a Serial, barrel length…ETC and at the same time I’ve been told that if I Purchase the SBR upper without the stamp I can get in a load of trouble with the Federal Gov. I understand that to most here this question might seem stupid/dumb and a waste of space here on the forum but remember we weren’t always professionals / Experts in our trade or hobby whatever we choose to call it and that at one point in time you were in my shoes so save us the time and PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY B.S comments. I am here to become educated on a Subject I have very little knowledge of and don’t need anyone’s attitude or smart remarks. Aside from that Thank you and I look forward for as much input/Advice on the Topic.

John
    Last edited by Tun_Tavern215; 08-31-10 at 14:30. Reason: Vocabulary problem

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you don't have an NFA dealer in mind try contacting King Shooters Supply in KoP. They helped me with the purchase of my first suppressor and I plan on using them for my future plans (2 more suppressors and at least one SBR).

Since you're living in Philly you'll probably be better off going through a trust instead of attempting to get the CLEO sign-off. Or you can move to Bucks County, the sheriff here is pretty NFA friendly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer10 View Post
    If you don't have an NFA dealer in mind try contacting King Shooters Supply in KoP. They helped me with the purchase of my first suppressor and I plan on using them for my future plans (2 more suppressors and at least one SBR).

Since you're living in Philly you'll probably be better off going through a trust instead of attempting to get the CLEO sign-off. Or you can move to Bucks County, the sheriff here is pretty NFA friendly.
    KOP is not to far from where I live so I'll Definitly look up Shooters Supply. You mention that I am better off going through a trust instead of CLEO? Pardon my ignorance but can you break it down a bit more what you mean by trust?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    Thank you Templar, I wish I Would've come across this before post this Topic. I like how it's Broken Down Barney Stlye Lol none The Less Thanks Once again! OORAH and Semper Fi

John

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    http://forum.pafoa.org/nfa-class-3-title-ii-34/

some more info as well. Someone who posts there I believe by the name of Pa Gun Lawyer will set up a trust for $400, that was the last quote I got I think.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.