Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MWS/OBR and a Can

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

MWS/OBR and a Can

I'm going to be getting a .308 Can and the options are MWS and OBR right now.

Which would you pick for your can and why? Any firsthand to go by?

Feedback Score
    I have a YHM 762 Phantom I plan on using on my MWS when I get it next month.

It's QD the can isn't hatefully priced, the QD mounts are reasonable and it's quiet. I've been using it on my SBR a lot and I'm really liking the tone it has with 5.56.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Clarity

I may have been unclear - I mean which gun, not which can.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    To me the OBR is more precision based. It has the built in 20MOA cant in the rail, and an SS barrel.

The MWS is more "battle rifle" oriented with no cant in the rail, and all you can get right now is the 16" CL barrels. SS 5R barrels are coming which will open up the "precision" role to the MWS but not yet.

So really whatever fits your use better Id go with. I actually just got a MWS but Im not looking for absolute precision with it, and would benefit more with the CL barrel due to shooting habits and longevity. I can shoot decent groups with with the MWS anyways but I don't get its going to be "sub-MOA" with the CL barrel and factory loads. If you go with the OBR I doubt LaRue is ever going to come out with a CL barrel for it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

MWS accuracy?

That being said, did you get sub-moa out of the MWS with the CL barrel?

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vectorsc View Post
    That being said, did you get sub-moa out of the MWS with the CL barrel?

No. I was getting about 1.5" groups @ 100 with it. Keep in mind I was just resting the VFG on a pack, and had a rear rest, and this is the first time Ive shot it actually. I only had some Black Hills 168's and Hornady Super-Performance 150 SST's. I shot some Monarch soft points, too, but only at a 250 yard LaRue steel target.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Understood

What optic, btw? I know that makes a big diff for me. I'm leaning towards the OBR at this point, as .5MOA is pretty awesome.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vectorsc View Post
    What optic, btw? I know that makes a big diff for me. I'm leaning towards the OBR at this point, as .5MOA is pretty awesome.

Short Dot 1.1-4X

Id probably get an OBR if accuracy was my main "want" out of the gun. The MWS SS 5R barrels arent out yet but they should shoot really good, too.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Im waiting for some barrel options from LMT for my 308 as I decided I wanted more of a precision rifle. As mentioned with the factory barrel best I am getting is near 1.5 MOA as well and a lot has been done to my rifle.

I wanted the OBR at first but that seemed to pass due to the fact that that they were not hands on even though I fingered them at SHOT.

The LMT caught my eye especially because of the barrel change feature.

I just ordered a SureFire can and just to let you know, the SureFire adaptors will not install on the LMT without having the barrel turned down.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crossgun View Post
    I just ordered a SureFire can and just to let you know, the SureFire adaptors will not install on the LMT without having the barrel turned down.
    I'd planned on installing a Surefire FH762K on my LMT MWS as I was under the impression that it would not require my barrel to be turned down, was I mistaken? Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast