Thread: MWS - getting it to cycle with subsonic ammo

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

MWS - getting it to cycle with subsonic ammo

I noticed that my MWS will unlock and begin to cycle when firing TTI Armory 170gr soft points. It doesn't move back far enough to cause a malf, it simply rechambers the empty case...but I thought I'd experiment a bit. The MWS comes with an H3 buffer and a spring powerful enough to launch an F-18 off a carrier, so I replaced that with a CAR buffer and a standard spring.

No joy, but closer. In fact, it's so close I suspect a heavier bullet would enable it to cycle.

I'm thinking a 220gr MatchKing could be made to cycle at about 1000 fps with the CAR buffer and standard spring. Subsonics are eerily quiet through my TPR-S suppressor.

<ambles off thinking>
    Last edited by QuietShootr; 09-05-10 at 09:53.

Feedback Score
    Well, For what it's wroth I reload all that I shoot. And I down load three different powders for maximum powder economy. And I've found that I had to cut 9 coils off of a standard spring to get the rifle to function. Start with 5 coils then go from there and you'll get the results you're looking for and whats the cost of spring.

Patriot
    "you wanna know what i think....it don't really matter what i think. once that first bullet goes past your head, politics and all that shit go right out the window!"SFC Hoot Hooten.

( what are you gonna do )" I'm gonna get better and burn their play house down".
    Bob Lee Swagger

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    I'm thinking a 220gr MatchKing could be made to cycle at about 1000 fps with the CAR buffer and standard spring. Subsonics are eerily quiet through my TPR-S suppressor.
    You need an 8 twist if you want to shoot those subsonic.