Thread: Front Range Training & Consulting (Colo CCW) - Defensive Rifle 9/25

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Front Range Training & Consulting (Colo CCW) - Defensive Rifle 9/25

Class to be held at Pawnee Sportsmen Center in Briggsdale, CO which is about 30mins East of the Loveland/Ft. Collins area. Sorry I didn't post that in the title of the post.

I've been watching these guys website for over a year now, waiting for a civilian class to pop up. They were managing Front Range Gun Club, which is an indoor range in Loveland, Colorado and providing the civilian training classes that were provided at the range, but they didn't offer any carbine courses. Something occurred and they ended their management of the gun club, but continued with their LE and Mil training only.

Then a few months later they started a new company called Colo CCW. They stated off by offering CCW classes that were classroom only. Now they've expanded out to offer an advanced CCW class that includes a range portion as well as a FOF portion. And they now offer a Defensive Rifle class. It's a one day class that requires 750 round, a pistol with 100 rounds and what ever gear you want. As far as I know, the first one they offered was in August. I wasn't able to make that one, but a buddy of mine and I are schedule to take the September 25th class.

Here's the link to their Mil/LE only website...

http://www.frontrangetraining.com/

Here's a link to their civilian web site...

http://www.coloccw.com/

After the class I'll be posting an AAR to sum up my experience with their class. The class should be interesting, considering the amount of experience the instructors have. Having recently sold my AKs and bought two new S&W M&P15TS rifles, it should be interesting to for me to see how I do. Both rifles have been sighted in at an indoor 25 yard range with an attempt to replicate a 50 yard sight in. Both rifles are running optics, one AimPoint T1 on what will be the primary and the other is a Vortex SPARC. I will eventually set one up as a DMR but I didn't have the money to do that right now so, they are pretty much a matching set. My only other experience with these ARs is shooting one IDPA Multi-Gun match in which I finished second in both pistol (SSP with an M&P9 and rifle (Optic).

I'm posting this a little early to see if anyone has in input on these instructors and if there is any advice on what to do to be able to complete a good AAR report. I'm afraid I'll run the class and have a shady memory of things, as I will be focused on performing at my best and not focusing on making notes. Do most instructors allow for photos to be taken the classes? I noticed there are a lot of photos from MagPul classes posted, but most of them look like they were taken by pros like StickMan, so I assume the photographers were paid to be there.

Thanks in advance for the input...
    Last edited by Fried Chicken Blowout; 09-06-10 at 12:20. Reason: Updated to show the location of the class.