Thread: My first build complete

Feedback Score

My first build complete

Hey everyone this is my first build its pretty much done just need some flip up sights. I just picked it up from the shop today they took off the A2 sight, put the handgaurd on and changed the ejection port to a full size. Its a 9mm it shoots great super accurate and havnt had any probs at all. I know its no high end brands like most on here but its my first
    Let me know what you guys think...

RRA- 9mm upper & BCG
    Wilson's Combat- 9mm barrel
    S&W- lower
    Stag- LPK
    KNS- Anti rotation pins
    Magpul-Enhanced Trigger Gaurd
    CAA- Grip & Buttstock
    YHM- Spector Lenght FF Handgaurd
    SPIKES- Fake Can
    Troy- Handgaurd Rails
    C-Products- 9mm Mags
    Eotec- 511.A65

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nice looking gun...out of curiosity why did you decide to go 9mm?

Feedback Score

why 9mm

I went with the 9mm for the simple fact that I have always wanted to have a 9mm AR. A long time ago I saw a guy on youtube bumpfiring a RRA 9mm AR and I fell in love. It all started with the MP5 but those were way too much so I felt this would be as close as I could get. Also when I looked into it I found I could always slap on a 5.56 upper and have a really fun plinker and a bad ass rifle. Now that I have been on this site for a while I'm learning about all the really high end products and I'll probably end up building a whole new 5.56 rifle scratch. Thanks for looking...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    As you can see, the 9mm factor is the source of lesser enthusiasm. This likely because the AR platform was designed to exceed the capabilities of the 9mm.

That said, it still looks like a very nice build, somewhat including the "fake can".

"Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    Yeah I understand many people dont care for the 9mm too much but I have had tons of fun with it cause its cheaper to shoot and more recoil than a .22. Im a avid shooter I go out at least 3 times a month thats a lot considering I have a full time job and 5 kids. Also I'm glad I built it cause for my first AR it came out great, and does what I want it to, and its super accurate. Im glad it wasnt a 5.56 cause I want to make that build using the most respected products. Thanks for the comments

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Layzieyegunman View Post
    Yeah I understand many people dont care for the 9mm too much but I have had tons of fun with it cause its cheaper to shoot and more recoil than a .22. Im a avid shooter I go out at least 3 times a month thats a lot considering I have a full time job and 5 kids. Also I'm glad I built it cause for my first AR it came out great, and does what I want it to, and its super accurate. Im glad it wasnt a 5.56 cause I want to make that build using the most respected products. Thanks for the comments

If it seems as though I am disparaging your weapon, my apologies. I wasn't kidding when I said it was a nice build. And the fact that it is cheaper to shoot, as well as more compatible regarding your youngsters is a great plus my friend. Practicality at it's best. I know first hand via a Ruger 10/22 that I grew up with.

Think I was just trying to adjust for the lack of responses, as I suspect I know why there were so few the past day or so. But your head is not necessarily in the wrong place all circumstances considered.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    American are obsessed with overdoing things.

There is a time and place for 9MM carbines.

If I had to open fire in a crowded location like an airport or sporting event, especially in F/A, I would take a 9mm carbine over a 5.56mm any time.

Not the best choice for jungle combat however.

Colt still makes the 9MM submachine gun so, some LE/Mil clients must be buying them. My biggest problem with AR 9mm carbines is their design seems to be somewhat of a kluge.

I started with a HK-94 and eventually got a MP-5. It's not my most powerful machine gun but, I sure as hell wouldn't want to be standing in front of it. Cheap to shoot, easy to control, doesn't overheat and you can shoot it all afternoon with minimal black and blue on your shoulder. On the other hand, to my surprise, most people I take shooting don't make it past one or two magazines of 5.56 on F/A before saying thanks, that enough.

Also, 9mm out of your 16" barrel is a different animal than 9mm out of a 4" barrel. Closer to a 357 SIG. Flatter trajectory than a .40 or .45.

Fake cans are a great way to get the SBR look without the hassle.

Enjoy your carbine.

Feedback Score
    No offense taken but thanks for the clarification... I do appreciate all feedback, especially since I havn't had much .... lol

Feedback Score
    This is my opinion cause I don't want to make anyone red in the face, but that is one of the best looking AR's I've seen in a long time!
    Good Job!
    ---------------------
    Ron C. Terry

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Layzieyegunman View Post
    I understand what you mean about it being cheaper. If your just a rec shooter its always nice to have a way to get the feel of an AR but not have it hit you in the wallet too much. Ive got several .22 that I love to shoot sinnce it is so cheap i can shoot all day. I might even do a build like this for my wife.