Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AAR: Randy Cain - Close Quarter Tactics 4-6 Sep 10

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    dont forget to crank yer lawnmower !
    And "shovel dirt."

This is a great class. I took it a couple of years ago when Randy offered it in Michigan. I plan to take it at least 1-2 more times.

Feedback Score

TD3 Pics con't

Disrupting the BGs draw and gaining control of the weapon.

Trapping BGs knife while drawing your weapon.

Gun grab prevention by "shoveling dirt".

Another gun grab prevention technique.

Breaking a stalemate when both opponents have knives.

The 4 person drill, going full throttle.

More to follow....
    Last edited by RogerinTPA; 09-10-10 at 17:39.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Took this class about 4 years ago. 800 rounds at contact distance and then everyone banging on each to see if the physical techniques worked.
    For me this was the class that connected the dots between shooting and fighting.

Feedback Score
    Hi p7fl

This class is the logical progression after your square range skills have developed so you can run on "auto pilot". The next step is force on force with Sims or Airsoft to test those skills and get you ready for real world encounters. While nothing can duplicate the real world a well run F on F class can come pretty damn close, it is important that the instructor is not just out to ambush and "kill" the students but allow them to make decisions under fire and then evaluate them.

Yes, there is a difference between shooting and fighting!

Thanks for your comment.

be safe irv

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by p7fl View Post
    Took this class about 4 years ago. 800 rounds at contact distance and then everyone banging on each to see if the physical techniques worked.
    For me this was the class that connected the dots between shooting and fighting.
    Unfortunately, the round count for this class was just under 400, but it was enough to learn and apply the techniques and drive it home.

I agree that most people only look at the shooting portion, and not the actual fighting or the mechanics that go into a dynamic gun fight. From that aspect, as you know, this course will make you more aware of that dynamic.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    Hi Roger

p7fl could be mistaken on the round count, my records indicate that this class has always listed 400 rounds as required, actually it is not a true shooting class and shooting is only done to confirm the ability to get good hits with the various techniques lerned. Jon may be thinking about the Int. Handgun or Handgun 2 with Mr. Cain which generally runs more than 1000 (then again he may be pulling the trigger on that squeeze cocked twice as fast as the rest of us.

be safe irv

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Roger:
    From looking at your pictures the course has evolved as all of Randy's due over time. Only some of the techniques were used in our class. I am glad that he was able to put on a CQT for sr. citizens.

Irv:
    re: 800 rounds
    You were not able to attend the class I was in. Without you as a distraction, we were able to get a lot more done.

Feedback Score

TD3 Pics con't

Randy demonstrating a gun grab/disarm from a person in the SUL position.

The BG/Baby trainer.

A very dead baby!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by p7fl View Post
    Roger:
    From looking at your pictures the course has evolved as all of Randy's due over time. Only some of the techniques were used in our class. I am glad that he was able to put on a CQT for sr. citizens.

Irv:
    re: 800 rounds
    You were not able to attend the class I was in. Without you as a distraction, we were able to get a lot more done.
    No worries bro.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12