Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: M4gery crowd in Vermont?

Feedback Score

SBR

I've been toying with the idea of getting an SBR. Question-do you have to pay the tax every year like with the C3's. What's with the LLC and SBR's, we're an LLC.
    Last edited by barrelwrench; 10-02-10 at 16:56. Reason: Add info

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

tax

No the tax is a one time deal unless you transfer it. $200 each transfer. I did a trust and made my wife and son trustees too so they can possess the SBR too. I love bow compact the gun is.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score

YEAH! SBR

I think you just helped me decide to spend $$. I like the trust idea because my stepson will get all my fire sticks in the end. What barrel lengths, if you don't mind me asking, do you have.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    The LMT is a 10.5" and the BCM is a 11.5". The dwell time in a 11.5" is 80% greater and should aid in reliability. With that said my LMT and PD LMT upper have run 100% the PD for 2,000+ rounds and my gun for closer to 700-800 rounds.

I went with the BCM because if price. If you look at their web site a a complete upper with a BCM BCG and standard CH is $520 the bare LMT upper is $485. If you buy the complete LMT SBR from some one like G&R Tactical the whole thing was $1056 when you add it all up it is cheaper that way. The LMT came ready to go just add ammo and some lube. It had a BUIS, sling, handguards and manual.

The BCM was easier to swallow bit by bit. $400 for the lower then I bought parts as I had time knowing the tax stamp would take at least a few weeks.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 10-02-10 at 17:43. Reason: dwell time not feel time! I Hate the auto complete on this Droid!
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    yea I would really appreciate sitting down with you sometime and go over this some time with you. I am really looking into the SBR stuff do you need to register the upper or can i build one or order one before i get the approved stamp?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    The lower gets registered not the upper. You can buy the upper or build it w/o restriction. Just make sure you only put it on an SBR or machine gun.

Feedback Score
    okay sounds good because i can build one while i wait to get approved. but i should probably use one and see if i will like them before i dish out all that money

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Good idea. We should get a few guys together so we can shoot. I think BBLwrench said he shoots in St. Johnsbury. That might work for all of us. Can you bring guest to the range?

Feedback Score
    sounds good i know i can bring anyone to my range idk about you guys

Feedback Score

Play date

Yeah it would be good to sit down and shoot the breeze-no pun intended. It looks like Ssniper and I are headed for a SBR. I know my wife showed some interest in the DPMS KittyKat. I'll go with the BCM 11.5 What if I have a lower that I want to use? can I register it as an SRB? or do I have to buy one from a manufacturer. I'm asking because I have 3 lowers kicking around the house.
    Late note: We had an exciteing night when someone tried to break into our shop last night...they didn't count on my Rotti/Great Dane mix waiting for them on the other side. The dog did more damage to the building trying to get the scumbag after he pushed the window in.
    Bastard got away, dog's still hungry, report was filed.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast