Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: M4gery crowd in Vermont?

Feedback Score

Dura coat

I normally don't solicit on forums. But if you want something Duracoated I can do it. It would be about a 5 day turn around. I generally charge 135.00 for a complete rifle, one color to include stock, rings and scope base. Gunkote goes for 165.00 because that is a little more labor intense. M4gery's are the same but I don't do the portion of the barrel under the hand guard for heat displacement reason. Also the barrel and front sight come off for coating. I don't do the paint over everything and call it good. It comes apart and is coated as individual parts, then reassembled.
    I don't charge what most would because I try to keep it matched with the local economy. I also don't do those ultra sexy, high speed, low drag, super secret operator paint jobs. I do a fishnet and some simple break up patterns. Like I said, I normally don't like to solicit on forums, I'm a one man shop and I'm not hurting for business. This is more a hobby/retirement gig.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Fish net is a good idea. I bought a piece of camo netting to use when I get around to it. It might be a good winter project.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by barrelwrench View Post
    I normally don't solicit on forums. But if you want something Duracoated I can do it. It would be about a 5 day turn around. I generally charge 135.00 for a complete rifle, one color to include stock, rings and scope base. Gunkote goes for 165.00 because that is a little more labor intense. M4gery's are the same but I don't do the portion of the barrel under the hand guard for heat displacement reason. Also the barrel and front sight come off for coating. I don't do the paint over everything and call it good. It comes apart and is coated as individual parts, then reassembled.
    I don't charge what most would because I try to keep it matched with the local economy. I also don't do those ultra sexy, high speed, low drag, super secret operator paint jobs. I do a fishnet and some simple break up patterns. Like I said, I normally don't like to solicit on forums, I'm a one man shop and I'm not hurting for business. This is more a hobby/retirement gig.
    yea sounds good seems how last time i checked on this it was going to cost 210 plus shipping both ways and a 3-4 week turn around. can you do barrel threading and stuff like that?

Feedback Score

Perfecting my thread turning

I'm practicing my thread turning on some old barrels right now. I've been loaded with a lot of barrel crowning and porting lately. I'm self taught and all ways doing something on my lathe or milling machine to improve my machining skills. I do a lot of general firearms repair, trigger jobs, cut dovetails, cut 1911 frames for beaver tails, some welding and spring making and a LOT of drilling, taping and scope mounting plus a bunch of other stuff. I've done some work on a VSP sniper rifle (rem 700) and silver solder sights on their shotguns.
    I've been to Colt, S&W and SIG for your basic LEO armorer's course and I was a field maintenance armor for CBP/DHS. My gig is the 1911, which is favorite, then the S&W M&P autos. Due to the local I also get a lot of lever action rifles. I don't consider myself a gunsmith, more of an armorer with some machine skills. But believe me when I say this, the AR platform is a piece of cake with the availability of parts and info and not as complicated as some of the auto shot guns
    and semi auto hunting rifles. I better stop rambling. Sorry about that.

Feedback Score
    no its fine i'm looking at a few muzzle brakes for my 700 but need the barrel threaded first

Feedback Score

What cali

What caliber is your 700? I Have the police models in 308 but the only mod I've done is add the mag extension and cheek pad for improved stock weld. I would send some pics but we are still on dial up and it takes for ever to up load. I'm thinking of going to 300 win mag if I can find a good amount of brass for reloading. If I had my choice I would go 338L. Then I would want a muzzle break.

Feedback Score
    its .308 Winchester. i want a .338 lapua but don't got the money for one of them lol. i really want to get a box mag for my 700 but some of them cost 100 shy of what i paid for it

Feedback Score

Mag ext

Brownells has one that is re-enforced glass for well under $100. and it works pretty good. But your right about the cost, Have you seen what the detachable mag set up cost!!!

Feedback Score
    Brownells has one that is re-enforced glass for well under $100. and it works pretty good. But your right about the cost, Have you seen what the detachable mag set up cost!!!
    yea thats what i'm looking for a Detachable Mag kit. i did fine a nice stock for the 700 with a mag kit for like 800

Feedback Score
    Any one from Vermont into the AR platform???...
    Yes, Lunenburg here, currently have a RRA and a M&P15-22(almost tiwns). I have not been shooting them as much as my G19 lately, but they still see the light of day once and a while.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast