Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: cheap .223/5.56 reloading?

Feedback Score
    One item that hasn’t been talked about (maybe hinted at) is the time required to reload. I find making my own ammo is fun so the time doesn’t bother me and I spread it out over days. I follow the same method every else has mentioned. Chadbags set up is nice but pricey. Someday I wouldn’t mind going in that direction. Rifle loading is on a RCBS rock chucker and all prep is by hand except for trimming which is with an electric RCBS trimmer. Pistol is on a Dillon 550 but I am about to start loading .223 so moving to the Dillon for volume is likely. I like the RCBS RC for learning all the steps but it is slow. I have been cleaning primer pockets but I may skip the step to save time. I worry that the primer won’t seat properly if the pocket is dirty. Happy reloading.

Feedback Score
    Wholly necro thread. This is from 2010

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    Wholly necro thread. This is from 2010
    Reloading never goes out of style!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Reloading never goes out of style!
    Very true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    And those prices are loooong gone.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    And those prices are loooong gone.

PB
    Yea, I was reading page 1 not realizing it was from 2010 thinking "Where are yall finding these kind of deals???"

Didnt look at the posting dates until i saw someone mention WC844 from hi tech ammo. I picked up 8lbs for $80 cash back then.

Hell, this was probably the thread that brought that to my attention...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall View Post
    Didnt look at the posting dates until i saw someone mention WC844 from hi tech ammo. I picked up 8lbs for $80 cash back then.
    At 25 grains a round, I'm still loading plinking ammo with part of the two 8lb jugs of WC844 I picked up back then - it still shoots great.

And this thread reminded me to check with Graf & Sons. I hadn't shopped there in years but found two powders in stock that were sold out at my normal supplier. Plus they have a lower hazmat fee. Still no small rifle primers though.

Feedback Score
    All components are in short supply and are getting more expensive every day. If you see components and you have the ability to buy them, do it. I have been reloading all spring and I'm very stocked up on ammo but I'm still buying components at every reasonable chance.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I disagree. I walk away from the market when the retards flood in and start hoarding. After 5 or 6 panic tard fests, each of which were the LAST CHANCE to buy anything.... I've deferred to wisdom.

I read comments that lead me to believe that people think they must CONSTANTLY be shooting and honing their navy seal skills for the impending doom and gloom.

Ridiculous. If you're short on ammo now. SHOOT LESS!!! And wait for fcuktard fest to end like it always does.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall View Post
    Yea, I was reading page 1 not realizing it was from 2010 thinking "Where are yall finding these kind of deals???"

Hell, this was probably the thread that brought that to my attention...
    I got out of reloading when I was getting WC844 from them at Knob Creek for $72/8lbs. and 55gr fmj was $35/1000, and primers were well under $20/1000. A bit of a shock last summer when i started loading again.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast