Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Ammo to Shoot First at Class?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Which Ammo to Shoot First at Class?

We are heading to Boone County for Pat's Carbine Operator class. Trying to use some of the older ammunition in the bunker. Choices are 1983 South African M193 in battle packs (Berdan primed so difficult to reload) and 1984 5.56mm WW Q3131 (loaded at Lake City back when WW had the contract).

Which would you shoot first (and why)?
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    SA. Focus on training, not on recovering brass. Just sweep it up at the end of the day and dump it.

Use the Win for practice where you have time to recover it, process it and reload it.

Feedback Score
    I agree with jmart. As long as they both are reliable that's the way I'd go.
    They had no right to win. Yet they did, and in doing so they changed the course of a war...even against the greatest of odds, there is something in the human spirit - a magic blend of skill, faith and valor - that can lift men from certain defeat to incredible victory.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Makes sense. Thanks.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    Another vote for the above.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Paul.. Are you in the 11-13 July Class???

Feedback Score
    Another vote for shooting up the berdan primed stuff first. It's looking like wolf or maybe .45 in the AR45 for my class next month...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harv View Post
    Paul.. Are you in the 11-13 July Class???
    Some folks dropped out, sooo... Emily, Nathan and I are all coming! You gonna be there?

I'm bringing one of the .22's.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yes... A fellow Board member from over on LightFighter who I shot with last year up here in Pat's Class and I will be road marching down tomorrow. Will be in Town Tue Afternoon. It was a strange trip leading down to here... I'll tell ya all about it......

Harv

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Harv View Post
    It was a strange trip leading down to here... I'll tell ya all about it......
    Oh come on, share with the rest of us! I love a good Harv story.

Guys - if the first evolution of this class was any indication, you are going to have BIG fun. Hope the weather holds for ya!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast