Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SCAR 17S amazing price

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

SCAR 17S amazing price

I want a 17S, have one on order and have been watching the market. I have seen several sell for $3.5K or thereabouts, here one sold for $4.4K. I think the buyer must have won the lottery recently. Amazing!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=189561495

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Happens with every release of the latest greatest uber cool crapastic rifle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not just plastic. I made a guy pretty mad once. He showed me his stainless steel Smith and Wesson M19 for which he paid twice what it was worth. "Only one in town!" he said. He got mad when I showed him mine. It was really my brother's but I didn't tell him that.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MK18Pilot View Post
    Happens with every release of the latest greatest uber cool crapastic rifle.
    that price is just outrageous....the 5.56 model was half the price at the gun show today and the basic ACR is under 2k!
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing lunch, Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The scar's have a small but extremely loyal following I believe and those are the folks who would pay 4.4k for that gun...WOW, simply unreal.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 09-11-10 at 21:55.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    theres always one tacticool jackass with too much money willing to pay stupid money to have it now.
    Dont sweat the small stuff.

If youre not taking fire, its all small stuff.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt_Overide View Post
    theres always one tacticool jackass with too much money willing to pay stupid money to have it now.
    I couldn't have said it better. I have no interest in the scar. Apparently neither does SOCOM anymore.

Feedback Score
    When I read this thread title I was thinking "wow, is someone selling them for around $2k? If so, I might be sleeping in the doghouse for a week....."

But, nope.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I plan to get one of each, a 16s and a 17s, I have them on order with my dealer. When they come in, if they come in, in a year or two they will be his cost plus some reasonable profit. $2.2K to $2.5K I imagine. I can wait. Unless.....I haven't checked my lottery tickets this morning. I usually do that on Monday when I'm on the clock. If I won, I might bid on the next one. I think this one went for so much money because it is brown, all previous I have seen through GB have been black. I happen to prefer black. Matches my other guns. My wife says your accessories have to match.

Dano5326 Guest
    The SCAR Heavy aka SCAR-17 has a very loyal following in SOCOM, it's not going away.

If any one here gets a FDE SCAR17s, I would happily trade them a Black one.

Also, would be happy to sell a blk 17s for a seemingly most reasonable 4.3K

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast