Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1/7 twist lightweight barrel

Feedback Score

1/7 twist lightweight barrel

Was wondering if there are any lightweight profile 1/7 twist, 20 inch barrels out on the market? Were any made, and are they still available?
    "our's is the profession of arms...."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Currently, I'm pretty sure not. FN made some a while ago (replacement barrels?), maybe Colt for Canada, and maybe CMMG. 1:7" 20" barrels are really hard to find. 20" barrels in any twist rate are hard to find now. I think current ones are only being made in 1:9" and non chrome lined. You could have an A2 barrel reprofiled.
    Dustin

Feedback Score
    Believe it or not Bushmaster made a run of them several years ago. I have one. It's part of one of my favorite uppers. Maybe you will get lucky and can google one of those up.....

oops. Mine is a 16in 1/7 light weight
    Last edited by rocketman; 08-12-10 at 13:09.

Feedback Score
    Bravo COmpany USA makes 20" uppers with the Government profile barrel (stepped down under the handguard) in 1x7 twist, chrome lined. This will probably be as close as you will get.

Feedback Score
    DEZ Arms offers one, but it isn't chrome lined.

Here's a 603 Clone I built last week. About the only things that are actually over a year old are the furniture and FSB. Shoots great.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info, but I think I'm just gonna go the GAU/GUU route on my next project.....plenty of pencil thin 16" bbl's floating around.....
    "our's is the profession of arms...."

Feedback Score
    for a weekend shooter, no full auto shooting, i think a non-chromed lined barrel would be just fine.
    in my retro build, im going with a better trigger and M4 feed ramps.
    will probly just go with a 1x9 twist, for shooting 55's and 62's.

peabody
    i started this life with nothing.....kept most of it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by peabody View Post
    for a weekend shooter, no full auto shooting, i think a non-chromed lined barrel would be just fine.
    in my retro build, im going with a better trigger and M4 feed ramps.
    will probly just go with a 1x9 twist, for shooting 55's and 62's.

peabody
    For a retro rifle I would agree. Still, I'd love to make a more modern rifle utilizing a lightweight 20" barrel and I'd want it chrome lined for that application.

Feedback Score
    Yea not much out there. I would love one. Saw on a forum a request to DD for one and they said that their barrel machine only allowed for a 16" or smaller length barrel so a 20" was out.
    I am seriously considering buying a BCM having ADCO reprofile to A1 and have them pin a .625" FSB.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghunterCO View Post
    Yea not much out there. I would love one. Saw on a forum a request to DD for one and they said that their barrel machine only allowed for a 16" or smaller length barrel so a 20" was out.
    I am seriously considering buying a BCM having ADCO reprofile to A1 and have them pin a .625" FSB.
    The idea of having a BCM barrel reprofiled has occurred to me as well, but I can't decide if it's worth the cost. Too bad BCM couldn't do a small run of 20" lightweights. Sadly, I don't see that happening since there doesn't seem to be such demand for such a barrel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast