Thread: HK LEM Question

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

HK LEM Question

Every time I check the handgun forum I see more talk about HKs, namely the P30 and HK45 series, and a lot of people talk about the LEM trigger. Some love it, some hate it and I see Todd thinks it's pretty damn good for a service trigger. I really don't like DA/SA guns at all, and I think striker fired guns are "OK." I love 1911s and DA revolvers. My favorite is my 5" S&W 27-2. So, my question is concerning the LEM trigger vs. a smooth DA revolver (I prefer the trigger of a S&W to a Colt, but have and shoot both). Would someone who loves shooting revolvers naturally like the LEM trigger? I dry fired one in a gun shop once and was very intrigued. The first "shot" was not very heavy at all and smooth, and the second "shot" was just like butter.

Thumbing through the P30 thread I see the biggest complaint is a long reset, but if you shoot revolvers that doesn't bother you. What do you guys think?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There are many variations on LEM...I prefer the Combat Competition LEM action yielding a sub-5lb pull and VERY short reset. The HK45 and USP series can be converted to a Combat Competion action with a few spring changes. I have an HK45 and .40S&W Expert in this configuration.

The P30 "Light LEM" can be achieved with 2 spring swaps, and has a nice action, though a longer reset than the USP series Combat Competion action. I have such a P30 LEM...
    Last edited by varoadking; 09-12-10 at 19:50.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I was a Border Patrol Agent. Agents were issued the Ruger GP100 or a Smith wheel-gun, I can't remember which. The BP then transitioned to the Beretta 96D with a DAO trigger, one of the reasons being to make the transition from firing the revolver easier. Well, the Beretta didn't work out as planned and the BP first authorized the private purchase of, then issued the HK USPc .40 with the LEM trigger group. I found the LEM a very easy trigger to shoot fast and to shoot well. I currently own a USPc and a P2000SK, both with the LEM and am desperately waiting for my agency to authorize the P30 so that I can deep-six the God-awful P229 DAK I am saddled with now. I recommend that you find someone who has a LEM and try it out.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    the one i got to play with (p2000 in 40 cal)had a much longer reset than a glock, but seemed fairly light and consistent.
    I'd estimate about double the length of a glock reset. if you like DA revolvers a lot it actually may work well for you.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I got into LEO work back when everyone carried wheelguns, transitioned to a TDA S&W 9mm, now we carry Glocks at work. I used to own a standard DA/SA HK USP .45 and a .40 LEM Compact. I really prefer the LEM since I like having one trigger pull to get used to.

I have shot Todd's current HK .45 and it's a very nice gun. Were I not so invested in Glock due to work requirements I'd seriously think about a Compact LEM 9mm or .40 for CCW carry, especially since I like AIWB carry and striker fired guns give me the spooks when carried that way.

I give a shit about reset.
    Back in the day folks who could REALLY shoot used S&W frames and Colt Pythons, neither of those guns have what would be considered a good reset nowadays, and yet it doesn't seem to slow down Jerry Miculek a bit.