Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat TTU

Feedback Score

Wilson Combat TTU

I'm considering aTTU for an upgrade from my mil-spec trigger. I's any one currently using it!? Pros/Cons? Any other trigger systems better? I'm just a civilian with a fondness for the AR platform. Thanks in advance. Take care of yourself and all your loved ones around you!

Feedback Score
    I installed this trigger a few months back and have shot about 500 to 600 rounds through it. Regarding the installation it was really easy. I am the furthest thing to a gunsmith and I had never installed an AR 15 trigger so that speaks to the ease of installation. I purchased the single stage and it has a really nice, crisp break and the reset is very short. I didn't measure it, but it feels like 3.5 to 4#. I have always favored factory triggers because of their reliability for a personal defense rifle. I installed this on a rifle that I use for sport shooting and so far so good. I have not experienced any problems or failures with it. Hope that helps.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    If you like single stage triggers then this is a really fine piece of machinery.

Very light break, very crisp break. Reset is good although not as pronounced as a milspec trigger but certainly good enough.

Again, if you like single stage triggers you cannot go wrong with this unit.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Wilson Combat TTU Review - 10,000 trips of the trigger

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...3483#post23483

Last edited by Stickman; 09-13-10 at 20:38.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Am well behind Stick on actuations, but concur with his findings to date (elsewhere). The TTU warrants serious consideration.

AC

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I love the Geissele SSA trigger. Better? I don't know. No experience with the Wilson which is a single stage and the Geissele is a 2stage. I do know that the SSA took my shooting at 425yds from pressing my creepy stock trigger and miss, miss to pressing the Geissele and hit, hit. So, I am very happy with the Geissele. I would love to try the Wilson.
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The SSA is a stunning trigger, and its what I use on my duty carbine.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    The SSA is a stunning trigger, and its what I use on my duty carbine.
    Agreed. Ive used both and i prefer the SSA over the Wilson. For whatever reason i short stroke the Wilson whereas i can run the SSA as fast as i can press the trigger.

Here is a comparison. Note its very unscientific as i have spent the last 10k rounds firing SSA triggers versus a short 150 round familiarity fire on the wilson TTU in this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_QYePHkPKs

Above is the Wilson TTU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUF0iAGhOIY

Above is the SSA.

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys!The short stroking is a concern to me so I really appreciate that input. I have alot of homework to do.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Agreed. Ive used both and i prefer the SSA over the Wilson. For whatever reason i short stroke the Wilson whereas i can run the SSA as fast as i can press the trigger.

Here is a comparison. Note its very unscientific as i have spent the last 10k rounds firing SSA triggers versus a short 150 round familiarity fire on the wilson TTU in this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_QYePHkPKs

Above is the Wilson TTU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUF0iAGhOIY

Above is the SSA.
    That's some serious trigger pull action. The SSA clip seems almost like full auto. I am sure that takes lots of practice, but can you do that with a factory trigger?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast