Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which .308 AR is Hot? Which is not?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Noveske lowers take Armalite mags. The RRA LAR-8 uses Fal metric & L1A1 inch pattern mags. Another company was developing a lower to take HK G3 mags, but I don't know who or what current availability is. Iron Ridge gives you the choice of either Armalite or KAC magazines with their lowers.

I think there is a lower that uses KAC magazines and an Armalite upper
    CMMG makes a lower that accepts G3 mags. model "MK-8"

Feedback Score
    Hot? I think the Iron Ridge reciever sets are the 'prettiest'.

I have a LMT MWS.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    If price is not a consideration, my rank would be: SR25-EMC > OBR > REPR > MWS > GAP AR10 > POF

If looking for best value, my rank would be MWS > OBR > REPR > GAP AR10 > SR25-EMC > POF
    Last edited by Sensei; 09-17-10 at 19:31.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lanesmith View Post
    If price is not a consideration, my rank would be: SR25-EMC > OBR > REPR > MWS > GAP AR10 > POF

If looking for best value, my rank would be MWS > OBR > REPR > GAP AR10 > SR25-EMC > POF
    I definitely agree with your value ranking.

The LMT is doing good things here in 'stan (dba L129A1).

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    At 2k not sure what falls into that price point... Save a few more bucks and look at a MWS, REPR, OBR or SR 25 (will need to save a few more bucks)... For the money the MWS would be my choice followed by the OBR. If price didn't matter I would go SR 25 without thinking twice.

Quality is pretty damn important in the .308 AR arena if you want it to actually run.

The REPR is a piston and I also really like the FAL type charging handle FWIW...

Why do you want a piston .308? Why not simply get a FAL if thats the case...?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I would have to say the repr is the opposite of hot....I just saw one at my local funstore that was used but never shot and was $2200.

I think this will be the final price for these repr's or actually prob. a bit below.

Feedback Score
    29 (97%)
    All I know is avoid POF, I was at a tactical carbine class today and the guy shooting next to me was using a POF P308-16 MMR and it jammed every 3 to 4 rounds down range and its brand new, I talked to the guy and he said he cleaned and properly inspected the rifle prior to the class so he had to switch to his Mini 14 for the rest of the day, also I know that Phoenix PD Swat was issued POF's and they sent them back because they said the same thing and they are akward to use. I would go with LMT on this one but like it was said in an earlier post, I dont know if 2k is going to do it
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Semper Paratus AR-15 Armorer

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    At 2k not sure what falls into that price point... Save a few more bucks and look at a MWS, REPR, OBR or SR 25 (will need to save a few more bucks)... For the money the MWS would be my choice followed by the OBR. If price didn't matter I would go SR 25 without thinking twice.

Quality is pretty damn important in the .308 AR arena if you want it to actually run.

The REPR is a piston and I also really like the FAL type charging handle FWIW...

Because a Fal isn't as accurate

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post

My 16" FAL shoots 2 MOA with 175 gr FGMM. My 20" REPR shoots 0.75-0.5 MOA with 175 gr FGMM. Both are reliable (post magazine catch REPR mod) with an advantage to the FAL for being a robust battle rifle.

Feedback Score
    What do you plan to use thr rifle for? Hunting, sass, battle rifle, etc? It might factor in your choice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast