Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noveske 16.1 SS RECON use

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by xm15 View Post
    the one pic posted is the medium contour. I got lucky and there was this one
    IN STOCK at Noveske's. normally it's a 16 week lead time. but grant must keep a blanket order running with them because he seems to have them alot. they advertise a 7P but this one was an 8P, exactly what I wanted.

Grant, can you give any info on the poly bore? I looked at mine in this post and it looks like a ratchet cut. I thought it would be similar to my HK. I know it is not supposed to be the same as a pistol but I thought it would be similar. one side of the rifling is almost straight up and the other is at kind of a 45 degree. as small as it is I could see this. I am not complaining I like the results, just curious. I called it "ratchet" from comparing what it looks like and looking for the same on various other pics I had found. It definately does not look like the poly that I saw before.

I have a bushmaster barrel to abuse, I don't though. but I am glad to read what grant had said. use it. I take good care of cleaning the barrel after use so the bushmaster one I have from 1999 still looks excellent at the throat area even "feeling" it during cleaning it is smooth. so I will keep this one and the future builds well used and kept up.

but any opinion on the bore would be appreciated, thanks all.
    HK uses a Polygonal barrel and Noveske uses a standard barrel with Poly rifling. This might not be the best way to describe the differences, but I can not think of the words to use to make it more understandable (sorry).

C4

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I have seen all three profiles and ONLY stock the medium as I believe it is the best all purpose controur. A Colt HBAR is a heavier barrel than this medium contour.

I do have the Medium contour barrels in stock.

C4
    That's just what I wanted to hear. I was hoping for something lighter than an HBAR but not too light, so the Medium sounds right for me. I was just having trouble picturing the different profiles based on weight alone.

That Noveske lower I got from you is begging to become a complete weapon. I assure you that when I'm ready to get going on this build I'll call you.

Derek
    An evil soul wields an evil sword.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Something I've always wanted to see, does anyone have a picture of the 3 Noveske profiles, perhaps along with a comparison of M4 or HBAR barrels.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12