Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 7.62x39 mag problems...

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    I have a Special weapons and an MGI Hydray lower. Either works - circle 10 mags believe it or not are a little thick for them. Really waiting for the AK74 magwell for the MGI. Either one of those lowers require the upper to have its sides sort of milled out where it meets the lower(to accept the feed lips of the mag as well as milling of the BCG for that)
    Glocks are functional tools and nothing else, hence they have no soul - Rob S.

Feedback Score
    Either one of those lowers require the upper to have its sides sort of milled out where it meets the lower
    I said that on the other 7.62x39 thread but it didn't show up (somethings wrong with the thread.)

So this would require a proprietary lower AND UPPER to use AK mags. I think it's too much of a "one off" design. So now you can't just have an MGI lower slapped on to your colt/armalite/etc 7.62x39mm upper.

to accept the feed lips of the mag as well as milling of the BCG for that
    Icing on the cake. A cake that reads "7.62x39mm AR15 is failure"

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JAYTEAM View Post
    If only Magpul wouldn't have Bushmaster'd the Masada. I had really high hopes for the 7.62x39 variant that used AK mags I kept hearing about...
    Amen. Maybe in the future?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kal View Post
    I said that on the other 7.62x39 thread but it didn't show up (somethings wrong with the thread.)

So this would require a proprietary lower AND UPPER to use AK mags. I think it's too much of a "one off" design. So now you can't just have an MGI lower slapped on to your colt/armalite/etc 7.62x39mm upper.

yep.

give it up and get a .270 short

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    That is just it - have an RDIAS, 75rd drum and lots of 7.62x39...you want fun!

honestly agree. Although what I got works, might be price prohibitted to some. I have 5.45 and 9mm uppers as well, but in the 7.62x39 world, prefer my SBR Arsenal Krink above all.
    Glocks are functional tools and nothing else, hence they have no soul - Rob S.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123