Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 7.62x39 mag problems...

Feedback Score

7.62x39 mag problems...

Most everyone knows the problem with 7.62x39 ARs is the mags. The mag well forces the mag into a sharp curve in order to hold 30 rounds, which effects reliability. Why don't they figure out the max number of rounds the mag will hold (22, 25, whatever) without the mag curving to that point? I'm guessing they would even fit nicely in M4 mag pouches. I know I would be on a 7.62x39 upper for my SBR lower like a hobo on a ham sandwich if they would resolve the mag issues. I think a 20-something round 7.62x39 PMag in a 11.5-12.5" SBR would freakin' rock. Am I the only one who would be interested in something like that?

Any ideas why none of the mag companies has given it a try?

Feedback Score
    I was just thinking this exact thought last night. I don't 'need' 30 rounds, especially if it is not going to be reliable. This issue is certainly holding me back on purchasing a 7.62x39 upper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.

Feedback Score
    Exactly... I would rather have a 23 or 24 round mag that was 100% reliable than a 30 round one that was hit and miss.

Feedback Score
    In another universe...

Manufacturer: Hello consumer, we now have 20rd 7.62x39mm mags for the 7.62x39mm AR15 rifles.

Consumer: Go **** your mother! We want 30rd mags like the AK!

In our universe...

Manufacturer: Hello consumer, we now have 30rd 7.62x39mm mags for the 7.62x39mm AR15 rifles.

Consumer: They're unreliable garbage! We want 20rd mags!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kal View Post
    In another universe...

Manufacturer: Hello consumer, we now have 20rd 7.62x39mm mags for the 7.62x39mm AR15 rifles.

Consumer: Go **** your mother! We want 30rd mags like the AK!

In our universe...

Manufacturer: Hello consumer, we now have 30rd 7.62x39mm mags for the 7.62x39mm AR15 rifles.

Consumer: They're unreliable garbage! We want 20rd mags!

That is probably the truth... It's easy to forget that not everyone is more concerned whether or not it actually works than if it has a high enough CDI factor.

Feedback Score
    I understand that Yankee Hill Machine has new 7.62x39 magazines out which look like they have the correct curve to them. I am pretty sure it is to support the new 7.62x39 AR build they are doing. GO check it out on their website.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AR15AK47USER View Post
    I understand that Yankee Hill Machine has new 7.62x39 magazines out which look like they have the correct curve to them. I am pretty sure it is to support the new 7.62x39 AR build they are doing. GO check it out on their website.
    Looks the same as c-products. Not different at all.

Scroll down for the mag picture.
    http://www.yhm.net/store/762_acc.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kal View Post
    Looks the same as c-products. Not different at all.

Scroll down for the mag picture.
    http://www.yhm.net/store/762_acc.html
    You are right, did not see that. Never did find out how well or badly the C-Products mags work. Anyone ever use them?

Feedback Score
    Its not mag capacity thats the problem, its the straight mag well and case taper thats the problem. The only way around this is to go with a lower with the mag well cut away.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by deadduck357 View Post
    Its not mag capacity thats the problem, its the straight mag well and case taper thats the problem. The only way around this is to go with a lower with the mag well cut away.
    cut away right to the locking point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast