Thread: Help flesh out this AR10 build based on Aero Precision SPR2 lower

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Help flesh out this AR10 build based on Aero Precision SPR2 lower

Looking at doing an AR10 build based on an Aero Precision SPR2 lower and Noveske upper. I want to bag the Noveske rail for a DD 12.0 Lite.

What mags do the Aero Precision lowers take? Magpul? That's gotta be one of my requirements.

What length Noveske barrel should I get? 16 or 18?

Does Noveske make a piston gas system for 7.62? I didn't see one on the website.

Anyone else use an Aero Precision lower? Looks like a good choice. It'll take an Armalite match trigger set. All I need is for it to take magpul mags and I'm pretty sure on the build.

I hope people can reply to this post. I had to abandon the last post I made coz of the database problems.
    Low Speed, High Drag Phone Operator

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    http://www.ironridgeguns.com/ira-x-complete-lowers/

No personal experience here but Ive read a lot of good things about the Iron Ridge Arms receivers, and you can get them in either Armalite or SR25 mag configuration. Worth looking into further....just saying Ive heard good things about them.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Aero only makes armalite pattern lowers last I checked.

I second the suggestion of Iron Ridge if youre set on rolling your own. Ive only ever handled one example of their stuff, it was excellent, and thats an understatement. They offer both armalite and DPMS pattern matched upper and lower sets (DPMS takes pmags), just dont get any DPMS crap to finish the build and youre solid.
    Dont sweat the small stuff.

If youre not taking fire, its all small stuff.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Aero only makes armalite pattern lowers last I checked.

I second the suggestion of Iron Ridge if youre set on rolling your own. Ive only ever handled one example of their stuff, it was excellent, and thats an understatement. They offer both armalite and DPMS pattern matched upper and lower sets (DPMS takes pmags), just dont get any DPMS crap to finish the build and youre solid.
    Dont sweat the small stuff.

If youre not taking fire, its all small stuff.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Are there any other non-billet lower choices that are the same config as the AR15 lower? Meaning open trigger guard, mag release fence and the ability to use the BAD?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Pls merge with my other thread, mods....

Pls merge with my other thread, mods....