Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Leather AR magazine pouch...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Resq47 View Post
    You still holding out for leather or is kydex an option?

Going to try the Brownell's offering; although I may contact this Bulman fellow and see what he offers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Going to try the Brownell's offering; although I may contact this Bulman fellow and see what he offers.

Okey doke. Otherwise I can make something up without tech-lock.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I see. And where can I find your line of leather goods?
    I think we both know it doesn’t exist... but I’m glad we could clear that for everyone else.

My point is this, there is far more that goes into making functional, durable, quality holsters and accessories than one may think. Just “getting the template right” and stamping a name on it isn’t enough to justify ones prices or lead times, those things are earned through knowledge and a commitment to quality. Dismissing ones prices as a whim of the maker or simply due to ones popularity is probably a bit insulting to those who make their living at that trade. You might find it interesting that one very popular and long standing holster maker specifically prices each of their products so that they make the same margin on each. Many of the products they make could easily sell for more than what they do but in order to specifically not price ‘gouge’ the customer each product has the same profit margin relative to the actual cost to make the rig. The point, to be able to provide the highest quality product at the lowest possible price and considering what a stitching machine or die clicker and a set of dies costs I’d say that’s generous.

Rob – PM sent...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Burton View Post
    My point is this, there is far more that goes into making functional, durable, quality holsters and accessories than one may think.
    Agreed. I acknowledged that (you're paying for knowledge and experience, as well as labor and materials) in an earlier post.

MY point, your cute little rolleyes icon aside, is that I have stood beside a competent (and well known in his day; Carl Martin) leathersmith and watched him make similar items. There really ISN'T that much to a simple mag pouch that isn't hand-boned, etc.

I have several semi-custom leather holsters, a Rosen and two Kramers among others, and didn't blink at the price; I know their value. MY point was, I don't feel like paying custom prices for a simple mag pouch.

Too bad that annoyed you; but, hey... we all have things that bug us.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Resq47 View Post
    Okey doke. Otherwise I can make something up without tech-lock.
    Thanks, guy. I'll keep that in mind.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, guy. I'll keep that in mind.

I'll make one up anyway, I can always use it myself.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234