Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leather AR magazine pouch...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    look up Ken Null holsters and give him a call. I have one of his ankle holsters and the leather work is AWESOME. I do not know if he makes them for sure or not, but it is worth the call.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Checkhere:

http://http://www.epsaddlery.com/default.aspx

Send them the above photo. They may be able to help you out.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Here's the two I have. Sparks on the left.

Feedback Score
    That's EXACTLY what I'm looking for, Rob. Unfortunately, I have neither the time to wait nor the inclination to pay the freight. I didn't blink when I dropped large on Rosen goodies; but there's a lot of work involved there. Sixty bucks for something minimal like that pouch... nah.

jackinfl, I am well acquainted with Mr. Null's work; I have two of his ankle holsters. One I purchased in 1983, has been worn extensively, and is still serviceable. He would do something like this on a custom basis... but we're back to major dollars

Looks like I'll have to try Kydex if I want to pursue this idea.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    OK, how about this one, it's neither leather nor plastic. Simple, cheap and quick delivery. That's what you're looking for?

By London Bridge Trading Co.

thimes@londonbridgetrading.com
    www.londonbridgetrading.biz

Feedback Score
    Well, that's certainly interesting. Naturally, they're on back-order...

Has anyone tried the Brownell's "polymer" pouch? I do not want plastic, but my options are diminishing rapidly...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have a kydex holder from www.pistolpacking.com but the site seems to be down right now.

When I was home yesterday taking pics of the leather, I KNEW I should have shot a couple of the kydex one as well.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I have a kydex holder from www.pistolpacking.com but the site seems to be down right now.

BEWARE OF PISTOL PACKING AKA READY TACTICAL ! I haven't able to get in touch with the owner (Chris Stewart) for over a year. He make good products, I have 2 1911 mag pouches and 3 speed loaders from him, I have no problem with the quality. He was easy to get in touch with until about a year ago. I returned a holster to him (per his direction) to have some adjustment made. I haven't heard from him nor have I been able to contact him via email or phone. Half a dozen emails went unreplied or bounced back. My experience is not unique.

Back to regular programming.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    That's EXACTLY what I'm looking for, Rob. Unfortunately, I have neither the time to wait nor the inclination to pay the freight. I didn't blink when I dropped large on Rosen goodies; but there's a lot of work involved there. Sixty bucks for something minimal like that pouch... nah.
    Unfortunately it's not really minimal when you consider that it's a one (or in my case, two) off. I thought, and still do think, that $60 was a bargain.

Feedback Score
    Well, Rob, I understand what you're saying. What makes it difficult for me to agree with is an old saddle maker (regretfully, now deceased) who knocked out a revision - adding a magazine pouch, which required a near/total re-configuration of the arrangement - to my Null ankle rig that was originally made for a knife.

This fellow had never done anything for guns before; he just listened to me, looked at my sketch, took the proffered P220 mag for a size fit, and did it while I watched; for $25.

Point being, the work involved making a simple pouch like yours pictured IS minimal for a competent leathersmith. The only difficult part is getting the template right. It costs $60 because it has a "name" embossed on it... or the "name" built it.

Don't get me wrong; I'm NOT begrudging these guys their fame and profit. They have earned it.

I just don't need this accessory bad enough to pay that much... or wait that long.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast