Thread: Feedback on my mods please

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Feedback on my mods please

I know I know....this isn't an AR. But it now has some AR parts....

I bought this CX4 back in '09 right after a friend of mine passed away from a bad motorcycle accident. Needed something to kinda cheer me up.

I found this CX4 locally with 2 20rd and 2 17rd mags and a Tango stubby for $695. After seeing alot of mods done to them I knew I'd be doing some to mine. I ran into a CX4 picture of one which had an M4 stock attached. Here's my inspiration.

I knew after someone else doing it that I could with a little planning.

I couldn't find out who did it to pick their brain so I strapped on my c.o.jones and cut the stock off.

I filled in the back of the lower assembly with epoxy to make a place to drill out for the stock tube. It's a milspec 6pos BTW from palmetto. VLTOR modstock from BCM for $50.

Filling it with epoxy allowed it to harden quickly while making an extremely strong plate to mount a stock tube.

After drilling it out with a spade bit I checked the fit and it was tight enough to hold but not too tight that it was impossible to install the tube into. The threads actually grabbed to the epoxy/polymer and it did sort of thread in so that was good. I mixed more epoxy and installed it as far as it would go. I think I drilled between 5/8" and 3/4" into the CX4's lower assembly so the epoxy has plenty of surface to grab to the receiver extension.

I then sprayed the VLTOR stock in tan, applied pine branches over it with earth brown, black, and forest green. Voila.

After the paint dried in the sun---about 30mins---put her together.

Range report soon. I think it needs a pad on the end---not a fan of the cheese grater on the end as my other ARs have SOPMOD stocks...but this was 1/4 the price so I decided it's worth it.

Comments welcome!
    30 caliber junkie.

God Bless America.

Feedback Score
    nice job. looks very good, no bubba factor. I like the cammo also. What caliber is your cx4?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It is a 9mm. Magazines are 17rd from the factory with +3 baseplates. 20rds and 29.5" OAL with a 4moa red dot is very fun when taking it to the range. It'll take out 20oz gatorade bottles at 50yds all day long with the red dot. Planning on getting a Troy buffer tube mounted QD sling attachment point. Will do that after I confirm that all is well with the mounting. Believe it will be as it won't move and I know epoxy is probably the longest lasting method I could have installed it with.
    30 caliber junkie.

God Bless America.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    camo job looks cool