Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What supplements are you taking?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

What supplements are you taking?

Just out of curiosity and maybe to get some discussion going on what people are taking and what has worked best for them, What performance enhancing supplements do you take pre,during,and or after your work outs?

Ive taken all kinds of supplements over the years. Used to take a gang load of things. Wasn't seeing the results that I wanted. So I decided to sI'mplify my supplement intake and now im currently taking Protein and TestFreak testosterone booster and in the short amount of time Ive been on this combination Ive seen excellent results combined with a 4 day a week workout program and maintaining a diet between 2000-2500 calories.

So lets here what you got going on..

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Protein: (Usually only post-workout) muscle milk or 100% ON whey

Pre workout: Jack3d

Vitamin: (when i remember) ON opti-men

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Volugro as a post workout and probalic with protien and amino acid 2 times a day, once it the morning and once before bed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Fish oil, generic multivitamin, and whey protein concentrate. I use EAS brand 100% whey because I can get it dirt cheap from Sam’s Club. It is utilized primarily as a protein intake booster, normally on days of elevated physical activity; usually taken post-workout. Occasionally I use the shakes as a snack, especially if a meal is going to be postponed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Militant83 View Post
    Just out of curiosity and maybe to get some discussion going on what people are taking and what has worked best for them, What performance enhancing supplements do you take pre,during,and or after your work outs?

Ive taken all kinds of supplements over the years. Used to take a gang load of things. Wasn't seeing the results that I wanted. So I decided to sI'mplify my supplement intake and now im currently taking Protein and TestFreak testosterone booster and in the short amount of time Ive been on this combination Ive seen excellent results combined with a 4 day a week workout program and maintaining a diet between 2000-2500 calories.

So lets here what you got going on..
    I don't believe that any over the counter test booster really works. Now testosterone straight up. Well that is a whole different ball game. I always just used BCAA and various vitamins. Sounds like your on the right track though. Good luck.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin 1759

Feedback Score
    Even if you have squeaky clean diet, I'd imagine damn near everyone could benefit from Fish Oil, Vitamin D, magnesium and possbily a pre/pro-biotic.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Muscle Milk, vanilla. After workouts and on off day(s), before hitting the rack.

Glutamine after workouts. On off day(s), I take it alittle bit before hitting the rack.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    I don't believe that any over the counter test booster really works. Now testosterone straight up. Well that is a whole different ball game. I always just used BCAA and various vitamins. Sounds like your on the right track though. Good luck.
    Well you you look into all the reviews on testfreak on bodybuilding.com alot of people said it worked so i figured I would give it a shot and im almost to the end of this cycle with it and in my second week of using it I noticed my gain were going up considerably. So somethings working. But as with everything out there I think peoples bodies react differently to various things. What works for someone might not work for another.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Militant83 View Post
    But as with everything out there I think peoples bodies react differently to various things. What works for someone might not work for another.
    I really believe in this.

I have friends who swear by creatine but for me, it makes me bloaty and I get the mud butt.

Some don't use glutamine because they do not see results but for me, it works well.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I take a multivitamin, a B complex vitamin, and a fish oil gel in the morning when I take my allergy pill (Zyrtec) just after breakfast.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast