Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Help with custom build"

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    This is what I plan on the finished product will look like. But, I want a Larue tactical 13.2'' rail with a 14.5 barrell and a surfire flash hider. Ithi that look is so sexy!!
    Last edited by ghostrider1; 01-08-11 at 14:10.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Unless you're planning to add a supressor, you can do better than any given SureFire FH/brake for less money (or better still for similar money). Are you planning on adding a supressor?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Eventually yes, a suppressor will be added. First, I just wanna get the beast built.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Eventually yes, a suppressor will be added. First, I just wanna get the beast built.
    Then a permanently attached muzzle brake is absolutely NOT the way to go.

Read this thread to find out why (pics and explanation from our own Robb Jensen on page 2)

A supressor will drastically pronounce the fouling and it won't be all that many rounds at all before you have to remove your permanently attached muzzle device for cleaning, and then permanently re-attach it or another one, as you'll probably destroy your original in the process of removing it.

As this is a first AR anyway and you may decide you like a different muzzle device or fore-end down the line, might I highly recommend a 16" barrel instead to avoid the headaches of being locked into a configuration you may later decide you don't like and can't maintain?
    Last edited by ChicagoTex; 01-09-11 at 04:53.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123