Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LMT MRP Set-Up ?

AnchorStation Guest
    I like NF as well and have had a few over the years but honestly they dont offer anything over the ones I have tried. NF not daylight visible either.

Yes I horse traded my way ionto some good deals on USO other wise there is still a 800.00 difference in cost between the USO and PR neither of which are available.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    I am running my Leupold Mark 4 -1.5X5X20 MR/T M2 Illum. Reticle.

Tzoid

Texan raised in " The Peoples Republic of Maryland"

"RRA- if they came with a blow job I wouldn't take one." - Pat Rogers

Feedback Score
    I agree with AnchorStation's comments. I didn't plan on getting a .308 but the MWS was just too cool to pass up. But now I needed an optic to fit and 1.x-8 magnification seemed about right to cover the ranges it was capable of. Then I went to look at all the available glass out there and found there wasn't any!

Then I see the fancy new LP CQBSS, PR & SB scopes but they are a small fortune. I guess I could swing it but I have a hard time justifying paying that much.

I found the Horus Blackbird which has 1.5-8x with FFP reticle. And I like their reticle design. My only fear is I can't find anyone with any recent experience with them and I don't want to drop 1k on some junk. The options are really limited when it comes to this class of optics. Anyone out there have any experience with Horus? Maybe that'll hold me until some other more reasonably priced ones come out.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    I just picked up my LMT yesterday and am strongly leaning toward the new IOR 2.5-10x42 with FFP, .1 mil & Modified MP-8 dot. I will typically be shooting 50-300 yards with 500 being my max, realistic, distance for accuracy. I also have an aimpoint on my M4 that I can just swap out for run & gun days. Gotta love the QD mounts.

AnchorStation Guest

Horus...dont do it!

Horus as a company is absolute crapola! Piss poor glass, mush knobs and TERIBLE customer service when you need repairs (and you will).

Now as a product their reticles especialy in the DMR magnification ranges are top notch. Dont care for them in high mag optics (15x and up) as they dont really offer anything you cant learn to do with trigger time.

On their lower mag rets (10x and under) they allow you to keep your knobs set and covered and perform correction normaly done with knobs by using the ret. For the intended role this makes alot of sense as one may not have the time to fiddle the knobs in a situation that called for a gas gun. Bolt rifles are another story where you expect to have a reasonable amount of time to makes corrections based on data and enviorment variables and that IMO is what makes the Horus overcomplicated for high mag optics (on LR rifles).

Horus glass is noticably dull even compared to MK4.

Available as options on several top tier scopes expect to pay a very high premium for a Horus upgrade.

Feedback Score
    AnchorStation thanks for the info on the Horus scopes......back to the drawing board for me!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12