Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Aimpoint for a SBR?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Which Aimpoint for a SBR?

I have a 10.5" LMT and I've been wanting to try an Aimpoint for some time now. I'm looking at the H-1, T-1, ML3 and CompC3. I don't need NV and I don't plan on getting a 3XMag. Price isn't a huge concern but I wouldn't mind saving a few bucks if I can. Battery life isn't an issue with any of them and I'll be using LaRue mounts. The size/weight of the Micro is a plus. What are your thoughts?

Feedback Score
    If you plan on getting the 3X Magnifier get the 2MOA otherwise 4MOA will work nicely.

Feedback Score
    Get the CompC3. The electronics are the same as an M/ML3 ie. 50,000 hour battery life. It is not NVD compatible and only submersible to 15 feet vice 150 feet. Otherwise it is just as rugged and about $80-100 cheaper than an ML3.

That all said, you can purchase an ML2 in an LT mount from the Larue Tactical website for $480, which is an excellent deal. The ML2 has only a 10,000 hour constant on battery life (8760 hours/year). But if you are turning it off during periods of non use then it could conceivably last the shelf life of a Lithium battery or 10 years.

S/F

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'd probably go with a 4 MOA ML3.

Feedback Score

aimpoint choice

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I'd probably go with a 4 MOA ML3.

Why 4MOA dot over 2MOA dot?

I thought the smaller dot would be more accurate in close up situations

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie505 View Post
    Why 4MOA dot over 2MOA dot?

I thought the smaller dot would be more accurate in close up situations
    I think you have your logic backwards.

Close up, accurate is easy and fast is what you need. = bigger dot
    At distance, accurate is harder and you can take your time. = smaller dot

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHR View Post
    I have a 10.5" LMT and I've been wanting to try an Aimpoint for some time now. I'm looking at the H-1, T-1, ML3 and CompC3. I don't need NV and I don't plan on getting a 3XMag. Price isn't a huge concern but I wouldn't mind saving a few bucks if I can. Battery life isn't an issue with any of them and I'll be using LaRue mounts. The size/weight of the Micro is a plus. What are your thoughts?
    Stick with either the M or ML series. I own a M3 & have owned a ML2. From you list get the ML3....or grab a ML2 for under $400.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." --George Orwell--

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FJB View Post
    Get the CompC3. The electronics are the same as an M/ML3 ie. 50,000 hour battery life. It is not NVD compatible and only submersible to 15 feet vice 150 feet. Otherwise it is just as rugged and about $80-100 cheaper than an ML3.
    Or for even bigger savings, troll ebay and TOS for deals on CompC2s.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunny View Post
    Stick with either the M or ML series. I own a M3 & have owned a ML2. From you list get the ML3....or grab a ML2 for under $400.
    I think very few of us need to go scuba diving with our rifles. That is the substantive difference between the C and ML series. And about $100.

I have an older CompC and cannot see the value in the "mil-spec" versions mostly because I am not in the military and the CompC will handle any sporting or defensive use I can throw at it.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Since no NV is wanted, I would go with the H-1 in a LT mount. Small and light. Perfect for an SBR IMHO.

I have the Aimpoint H-1 and LT mounts in stock. Shoot me an e-mail for member pricing (if interested).

C4

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast