Thread: The State of AR Pistols 2010

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidevolk View Post
    What case did you use?
    Pelican 1490

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta96fs View Post
    Thanks Dave. Not gonna ditch the primary, that's why I said I wasn't going to . Just messin with ya, I'm sure you just misread.

I've seen SCARs in MI plenty... so is that the trick? It's registered as a pistol? Wouldn't the stock then be illegal? The same could be said of the FS2000 and PS90... but to a lesser extent since its a fixed buttstock. That's a good piece of info about those guns though, thank you. Still interested in the SCAR info too.

There aren't any gas piston conversions that operate like a Kalishikov and allow a folding stock - or no stock at all? I don't know a lot about gas piston kits (never really cared to be honest) except in this one case they seem usefull. I'm thinking of guns like the PARA, SCAR, AK, etc. Seems like there could be a market for that...

Michigan has some strange laws.
    Check out the Robinson XCR.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ldirel View Post
    I don't have one and don't plan on ever buying one but I still have to ask. Has anyone ever tried jamming a long buffer tube into their shoulder as pseudo stock? Would this be legal to own but not to take advantage of or something silly like that?

Granted, it probably wouldn't be comfortable (think .458 socom) but it might be effective and more comfortable than what's happening on the other end. A good compensator seems like a must for these things.
    I believe its legal since the buffer tube is not considered a stock. Also, jamming the tube into your shoulder doesn't help much at all with aim, you need to put it up against your cheek for best results.

Feedback Score
    Another thing you are missing here is that once the AR pistol is registered as a pistol, you have the option of adding a stock and 16" barrel to make it a rifle again. You can go from pistol to rifle, but you can't have a registered rifle lower become a pistol. So nice to a long gun upper and a 7.5 or 10.5" upper too.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime Directive View Post
    Another thing you are missing here is that once the AR pistol is registered as a pistol, you have the option of adding a stock and 16" barrel to make it a rifle again. You can go from pistol to rifle, but you can't have a registered rifle lower become a pistol. So nice to a long gun upper and a 7.5 or 10.5" upper too.
    You can make that lower into a rifle, but do not make it into a pistol after putting a stock on it and having a barreled action attached. If you do, you are subject to provisions of NFA. The only way you can do this if you purchase a stocked lower which has never had a rifled action placed on it, and remove said stock and tube, and do a pistol then. This is according to a letter from the ATF. I'm sure you could put a 16-20" barreled upper on your pistol lower, but it'd look awfully funny...
    30 caliber junkie.

God Bless America.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910