Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help finding the right mount for my new Aimpoint

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    So that means I can't take my rifle into the pool while I'm snorkeling in my underoos???

Darn.

I was looking forward to that, too......

I liked the extra battery life of the newer optics, but after looking at the costs involved it would take YEARS to buy enough batteries to actually make up the cost differential of the other sights and this Comp C that I got on sale, so I decided to just go for it.

Snorkel away! The CompC is still waterproof, just don't go past 7 feet.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tinman44 View Post
    i have been searching for why i should get standard or cantilever and the best i can find is, cantilever is better if you want to add the magnifier later. is that basically it?
    As far as I can tell, that's the justification. Well, that and the fact that the cantilever mount can carry a battery.

In retrospect I am REALLY happy I went with the cantilever mount because at the low light class Freddie Blish had a PVS-14 he was willing to lend to someone who could fit it on their rifle. And wouldn't you know it? I was the only one there with a cantilever mount....

So there I was with my old beat up (and so oddly configured that it made KevinB shake his head) Bushmaster running a night vision optic.

It didn't help my accuracy much, but dammit I felt cool!

Ordinarily I don't run a magnifier or a night vision optic....but there may come a day when I have the opportunity to use an item like that or find that I need an item like that.

if so why doesnt everyone go with the cantilever as it offers more options, you can set the cantilever back to sit in about the same spot as the standard if its eve relief you're worried about. so why standard over cantilever or why the other way around.
    Personal preference, I guess....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    As far as I can tell, that's the justification. Well, that and the fact that the cantilever mount can carry a battery....
    The LT150 has a place for the battery as well. It's on the underside.

http://www.laruetactical.com/pics/LT...T150Mount.html

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I've heard that you will pick up the dot quicker the farther forward the optic is, one reason I've heard people say they use the cantilever.
    Glock Armorer

"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men."

Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I too have been using the ADM Aimpoint mount and it has worked well for me. It's worth considering.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    +1s are annoying, but Larue deserves one.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12