Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: $1500 Remington ACR for Military and LEO?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    Magpul has came out and made a statement that because of their inexperience with things of this nature they misjudged the $1500 price tag on the Masada.
    Let's be honest, what else is Magpul going to say? The ACR is a joint venture.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt_Overide View Post
    Wasnt the original intended price point for the masada 1500 bucks? That is before scrubmaster craptasticed the hell out of it....

I would at least be willing to look at the remington version if it was in the 1500 dollar range, but it had better be quite a bit more weapon than the bushmaster...
    anyone who seriously thought this was going to be $1500 after years of R&D was going to be disappointed. $1500 barely buys a quality customized AR. If I had designed this gun I would not be selling it for $1500. People wouldn't be able to find one to begin with at this price and people would complain about availability.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post
    They should know this already. Most of the LEO I know run privately purchased carbines, not issue weapons other than a pistol.

If there is an LEO/Mil model for $1500, I would jump all over it.
    One for each family member. Just when I thought I was diverting most of my firearm attn to a semi in 308...
    "Men speak of natural rights, but I challenge any one to show where in nature any rights existed or were recognized until there was established for their declaration and protection a duly promulgated body of corresponding laws." --Calvin Coolidge

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    $1500 is an unreasonable price point, but once it cleared the round number of two grand that's when the luster disappeared. It became a very expensive MRP with a folding stock.

If the Remington version as pictured emerged, then I could see it commanding the MSRP of the Enhanced Shrubby ACR, and subsequently selling out. They'd need a couple key details (1:7 or 1:8 barrel, trimmer weight, factory SBR options), but it's still a winner in the making - just don't screw it up!
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Id probably be willing to do 2k or a bit more, but thats about it. At the current prices tho there is no way Id consider the bushmaster version. For that matter, I dont know if Id consider it at 1200..
    Dont sweat the small stuff.

If youre not taking fire, its all small stuff.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Sorry, but I won't pay $2K plus for a Bushmaster.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345