Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: $1500 Remington ACR for Military and LEO?

Feedback Score

$1500 Remington ACR for Military and LEO?

Here is an interesting bit I came across today on Sturm:

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/se...gi?read=105932

Just F.Y.I...I attended an LE/Military restricted conference/expo this week. Remington had a select-fire ACR there. It was far superior to the absurdly over priced Bushmaster. The Remington is $1500 (of course that is Fed.LE/Military price w/no FET). It has a metal lower, flared mag well, metal selector and much better rails - it is actually a gun that seems to be worth the money and something that one could see actually working in it's intended role - unlike the Bushmaster.
    I told the Rem. guy that if they sold this in a semi for a reasonable price that they would sell tons. He said that he's heard this at EVERY show where he's taken the gun. He suggested that I contact Remington and tell them this. He said that if enough folks did that maybe they would do it.

If you saw the Remington you would never consider the Bushmaster - esp. at the maga-rip off Bushmaster price.

Having seen the two guns, the Bushmaster seems to be something strictly created for the civilian market to cash in at an absurd price while the Remington seems to be a real, high-end gun, operator designed as the ACR is supposed to be. I can guarantee you that a select fire version of the Bushmaster would never be sold to the Feds./military.

All just my opinion of course, but if you get a chance to compare the two, I'd bet that you'd feel the same.
    Was anyone present at this expo and able to confirm?
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I'd take one at that price.
    "Buy once, cry once. Or not. Many of you will undoubtedly be zombies one day. I'd prefer if you were zombies with sub-par gear."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rated21R View Post
    I'd take one at that price.
    Don't forget the full auto caveat
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Any pictures?

Wondering what the real deal metal lower with that flared magwell looks like.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I saw one at SHOT and thought it was far better than the Shrubmaster offering.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I doubt any civvy will ever see the Remington version. Though I hope I am wrong.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    They had the opportunity to seize a sizable chunk of the assault rifle market and now the ACR is a novelty on a gun store shelf about half a step above a SIG556.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Metal Lower? That doesn't seem like it's going to help the weight problem.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Metal Lower? That doesn't seem like it's going to help the weight problem.

It would be a major engineering feet to exceed an AR while dropping the weight meaningfully.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I saw one at SHOT and thought it was far better than the Shrubmaster offering.
    Yep. The Rep at Shot Show also mentioned that they will offer theirs with a 1/7 barrel. However, they weren't going to be immediately released to the public as they were shooting for military/leo contracts first.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast