Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: "less lethal" as part of your daily carry?

Feedback Score
    IMO, a major part of the less-lethal paradigm is the fact that there are few -if any- Best Practices out there.

For instance, I'm just guessing when any of us buys a handgun for CCW, we research the platform, get a good quality holster, and practice drawstrokes incessantly until we feel comfortable with our skill level in deploying that weapon.

Yet, most people I encounter that carry some sort of less-lethal implement toss it in a random pocket and their training protocol ended with reading the instructions, if that.

I think if I were to get more serious about carrying OC, for instance, I'd want to get a good kydex belt rig so that it's always located in the same place and a good dozen or so cans of Sabre so I can put in practice time. I've really not run into many good training blocks for civilians on less-lethal options.

Mode of carry/deployment for OC, I think, is a huge part of the equation. There are some kydex rigs available out there and I may need to pursue this further as a pet project. I personally like the concept of the Kimber JPX and maybe the Guardian Angel but they're cost-prohibitive.

Tasers are out of reach for me right now and I'm not sure I really like them as a solution.

I'm thinking I could get some more styrofoam heads and torsos from my local source and maybe put together some kind of training blocks. If a person isn't able/willing to practice regularly with it, I'm thinking it becomes more of a liability.

Thoughts?

-'b

Feedback Score
    You raise some very valid points.

The first time you point a gun at someone that says "**** you" and keeps coming, is a very sobering experience. Definitely makes you start looking at alternatives.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345