Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061

Thread: Military Times article on new 300 AAC BLACKOUT

Feedback Score
    Yup, pellet gun or a suppressed .22 at most.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I ordered a 10" barrel the other day and have been going back and forth on changing it to an 8" instead. Primary use will be HD with 5% chance of hunting small/med game within 100-150 yards max (wooded areas in MO). Will the 2" difference for maximum compactness be worth the small velocity loss? I don't normally hunt but would like to be able to use this upper instead of buying a seperate bolt gun. Factory supersonics will be the primary ammo.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnson View Post
    I ordered a 10" barrel the other day and have been going back and forth on changing it to an 8" instead. Primary use will be HD with 5% chance of hunting small/med game within 100-150 yards max (wooded areas in MO). Will the 2" difference for maximum compactness be worth the small velocity loss? I don't normally hunt but would like to be able to use this upper instead of buying a seperate bolt gun. Factory supersonics will be the primary ammo.
    For that set up I went with an 8" 300 Blackout. My thought was I might as well take full advantage of the minimal required barrel length that the 300 allows while still maintaining satisfactory ballistics and energy. That is what sets it apart from the 5.56 in my eyes anyway.

Feedback Score
    Sorry if I have missed this, but is the AAC 16" BLK barrel using a carbine length gas system? Thank you for any info.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by urbankaos04 View Post
    Sorry if I have missed this, but is the AAC 16" BLK barrel using a carbine length gas system? Thank you for any info.
    Yes.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    My boss had a MP 5SD for street lights when he was on the department he retired from.I never did any of that stuff so I wouldn't know.
    I always used a BB gun, or our old stash of shotgun launched bean-bags.

Launching live rounds up in the air is retarded. We also found out that the power&light guys weren't upset about the way we did things due to damage being only to the light "bulb" part itself, quick change out and it was fixed.
    Shooting up the fixture itself would have been another matter, and would have cost us money to get fixed.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    I always used a BB gun, or our old stash of shotgun launched bean-bags.

Launching live rounds up in the air is retarded. We also found out that the power&light guys weren't upset about the way we did things due to damage being only to the light "bulb" part itself, quick change out and it was fixed.
    Shooting up the fixture itself would have been another matter, and would have cost us money to get fixed.
    I am curious as to what scenario it would be more tactically sound to shoot out a street light out. I have seen this done only a few times in Iraq but what I learned is that the little bit in light security that you gain you lose in sound signature...

Unless of course you folks are all raiding the school for the deaf and then I would totally understand.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Weapons: Another 7.62mm Bullet For M-16s

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htw.../20111227.aspx

--
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    @Stickman, do you have this article available anywhere? Looks like it is no longer on Military Times

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    @Stickman, do you have this article available anywhere? Looks like it is no longer on Military Times

I’m not sure what they did with it. I’ll look back through my old writing files, but there is a lot I’m missing after losing a hard drive.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061