View Poll Results: So how many drink there scotch how it should be: neat?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • I drink it neat; the way it should be

69 58.97%
  • I drink it with a wee dram of water

13 11.11%
  • I drink it with Ice

33 28.21%
  • I molest it with some sugar infused concoction (Soda, Juice, etc)

6 5.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotch!!!!! (Really all things whiskey scotch or burboun realted)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Scotch!!!!! (Really all things whiskey scotch or bourbon related)

Ahh scotch, my other soul mate; the glass is never half empty as long as it has scotch in it.

I love scotch, and whiskey and lately there have been some stellar burbouns I have been finding.

My favorite daily drinker scotch is Sherry Casked 16 year old Oban. Sweet and supple at the head with ample notes of peaty moss and oaky verility.

Jameson is my favorite Irish WHiskey; you cannot go worng with the Jam-o. Ooooohh the 100 year old Jameson is absolutely spectacular, divine even; dancing to and fro on the palette with baryshnikov like grace and strength. Truly a whiskey to be inspired by.

I am quite intrigued lately by Glenlevits "Nadurra"; a cask strength glenlevit that is left unfiltered, and aged in American Burboun barrels for a distinct and bitingly rich character, truly an organic offering with massive peppery flavors, yet still embodying that sweet/creamy Gelnlevit taste/mouthfeel.

One of the latest creations from Rogue spirits (Oregon based brewery); is the Dead guy Whiskey, an ocean aged whiskey, with a smootheness I have yet to find elsewhere, almost as if it hovers above your taste buds and tickles them with a plethora of subtle yet intense flavors, and a splashy nuance of sweetness/smokiness. Rogues dead guy whiskey can truly be sipped neat and enjoyed by just about anyone & everyone, even those who have not yet aquired a penchant for the decadently sublime spirit. Mellow and delicious to the last drop.

Another very good, and off the beaten path Whiskey is Stranahans of Colorado, a very intensely sweet and sherry-like whiskey with strong fruity notes and lingering beet like bitter/sweetness.

Well, the scotch thread is off and running...
    Last edited by THCDDM4; 12-23-21 at 01:07.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've been sipping on some Dickel red label that I like, and it's cheap too! Might have a glass tonight with a stogie as a matter of fact.

I haven't gotten into all the high dollar whiskeys and scotches and see myself getting sucked down the rabbit hole of another hobby. I like the Dickel so I stick with that.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have only tried Scotch twice and did not care for it. I have yet to try Irish whisky. I do like Bourbon however. My favorite is Elijah Craig and Knob Creek.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I'm a McCallan 21 man myself.
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ak44 View Post
    I'm a McCallan 21 man myself.
    All The MaCallans are wonderful offerings. I drank a wee dram of the 30 year old fine oak MaCallan last evening. Delightful...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I've been sipping on some Dickel red label that I like, and it's cheap too! Might have a glass tonight with a stogie as a matter of fact.

I haven't gotten into all the high dollar whiskeys and scotches and see myself getting sucked down the rabbit hole of another hobby. I like the Dickel so I stick with that.
    "A tickle of the dickel please..."

Feedback Score
    Bookers Bourbon =

123-126 proof, single barrel for as pricey as it is and as strong as it is it's not an "everyday" type whiskey but it's damn good!
    It is not length of life, but depth of life. - Emerson
    My boy Ducks fav quote - RIP brother

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I'm a big Bourbon fan also. Bookers, Knob Creek, Elijah Craig 18yr old are all good. My favorite though is Makers Mark. They actually just came out with a new bourbon called Makers 46. It's really nice and smooth.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I could go on and on about this. I'll just say that aberlour 12 single malt double cask is the best drinking scotch I've ever had. I have consumed many varieties, but this $40 wonder is outstanding. As for bourbon, eagle rate is top notch and won't break the bank.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    My first exposure to Scotch was in college and it was Chivas Regal. Of course back then I didn't like it at all. Now I'm very curious about Scotch.

What is a good. smooth Scotch thta is easy drinking and won't cost me multiple arms and legs. I'd like to try something not super expensive but more on the higher end quality wise.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast