View Poll Results: So how many drink there scotch how it should be: neat?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • I drink it neat; the way it should be

69 58.97%
  • I drink it with a wee dram of water

13 11.11%
  • I drink it with Ice

33 28.21%
  • I molest it with some sugar infused concoction (Soda, Juice, etc)

6 5.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotch!!!!! (Really all things whiskey scotch or burboun realted)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Primarily a bourbon drinker (being from Kentucky), but when I do drink Scotch, definitely neat (as I do most of my bourbons). Lagavulin 16 is my favorite Scotch.

Feedback Score
    Redemption 9 Year is my crack. Redemption Bourbon and Jack are my every day Refreshments.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don’t drink much Scotch these days, but my favorite is Glenmorangie Quinta Reuban. Their La Santa is a close second.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Mostly a bourbon guy here also but when I drink Scotch, the smokier the better!

I only drink bourbon and Scotch neat...water or ice brings a taste I am not fond of. Though nothing special, I am a certified “bourbon steward” which is like a low level sommelier but for bourbon.

After a nice long night shift I have a neat glass filled with 2019 Balvenie Peat Week.
    C01101DC-2B3E-474F-9669-BA1AF0908BE7.jpg

This is but a part of my collection.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I was feeling like having some rare tonight. Got to digging into some of my collection and found an old friend, poured a big glass of Linlithgow 1982 single malt 21 year.

One of the rarest bottles in my collection. Only 633 bottles made and the distillery is long gone.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

It's one of the best lowland single malts that ever was. So well balanced. Medium peat, light but just right on the smoke, cranberry/apple hints on the front, almond and milk/toffee in the middle, slight vanilla with a marvelous spicy finish that lingers well.

Just a smooth wonderful whiskey that's incredibly enjoyable.

I will miss this whiskey when it is gone.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    I was feeling like having some rare tonight. Got to digging into some of my collection and found an old friend, poured a big glass of Linlithgow 1982 single malt 21 year.

One of the rarest bottles in my collection. Only 633 bottles made and the distillery is long gone.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

It's one of the best lowland single malts that ever was. So well balanced. Medium peat, light but just right on the smoke, cranberry/apple hints on the front, almond and milk/toffee in the middle, slight vanilla with a marvelous spicy finish that lingers well.

Just a smooth wonderful whiskey that's incredibly enjoyable.

I will miss this whiskey when it is gone.
    Looked it up. Don't know about the distillery but bottles are still available. @ £700 which is probably close to $900.

But I wouldn't know anyway. Pa has very Puritan liquor laws. ALL our liquor stores are state owned and the state decides what it's going to stock so selection is limited.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nothing better than Lagavulin 16.

If you are looking for a smooth, relatively inexpensive and oft overlooked scotch look no further than Old Pultney.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Mostly a bourbon guy here also but when I drink Scotch, the smokier the better!

I only drink bourbon and Scotch neat...water or ice brings a taste I am not fond of. Though nothing special, I am a certified “bourbon steward” which is like a low level sommelier but for bourbon.

After a nice long night shift I have a neat glass filled with 2019 Balvenie Peat Week.
    C01101DC-2B3E-474F-9669-BA1AF0908BE7.jpg

This is but a part of my collection.

Hell of a bourbon collection there. I have been looking for a Blanton's mini for a while just for the novelty sake. Digging the OF Birthday bottles ORVW, and the old fitzgerald. Killing me with that Michtner's toasted barrel.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post

If you are looking for a smooth, relatively inexpensive and oft overlooked scotch look no further than Old Pultney.
    Unless it's Ardbeg!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Lagavulin 16 is amazing. I also enjoy Glenlivet 15, and just picked up some Glenfiddich 18.

For Bourbon, i enjoy Eagle Rare, Four Roses, Woodford Double Oak single barrel select, High West, and Whistlepig for the special occasions.

For Canadian Whiskey, i tried some Caribou Crossing recently and was a big fan.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast