View Poll Results: So how many drink there scotch how it should be: neat?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • I drink it neat; the way it should be

69 58.97%
  • I drink it with a wee dram of water

13 11.11%
  • I drink it with Ice

33 28.21%
  • I molest it with some sugar infused concoction (Soda, Juice, etc)

6 5.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Scotch!!!!! (Really all things whiskey scotch or burboun realted)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Step Dad gave me a bottle of small batch via Horse Soldier for Christmas...man, it's yummy.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    Two years ago I started drinking Old Fashioneds because of Drapper on Mad Men. Now it seems everyone drinks them? Got together with the family over Thanksgiving and all my siblings drink OFs??? Have they been being marketed or something?

I got onto Scotch about 10-12 years ago. Highland Park 18 is so good. Some of the Glenmorangie in the different finish casks are guilty pleasures.

But I've moved into Bourbon. Not too much of a snob, and I like my OFs from Knob Creek. My son makes AWESOME OFs. Wife is getting me one of those clear ice ball makers for Xmas (not here yet).

I think the next big thing is Rye. I've started to hear and see more about them, and I'm interested- which means every other fat middle aged white guy will be into them soon...

As I get older, beer hits me harder. I think it might be the yeast or the direct grain influence. Stuffs me up and makes me sleep poorly. 2-3 strong Old Fashioneds don't hit me the same way. I used to whisky neat or maybe opened up a bit. The large balls of ice are pretty interesting- they seem to cool the drink with out diluting it. That's why I like OFs- with the more citrus and other tones from the bitters. I find that diluting with water sometimes brings in odd flavors- but the big ice cubes cool and dilute differently. Makes no sense, but the bourbon stays 'sticky-ier'?

Crap, you'd think I was over served now....
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Ardbeg 10 neat
    Russels reserve neat
    Whistle pig pb with a couple ice cubes.
    That pretty much covers my 3 favorites.

Feedback Score
    Oban14
    Balvenie Doublewood and Carribbean Cask

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Had a single malt Irish Whisky for St Patrick's day that was incredible. Lamavady. I really enjoy Irish whisky and it is now one of my favorites.

Took my sales team out for a whiskey tasting a few weeks ago and we visited a place that boasts the rarest and biggest collection of single malt whisky in the world.

I don't even remember everything we tried, it was a fun night. I wrote a few down in my phone that I liked for reference later on- Ardbeg Ardbog, Inverleven 25 year 1979 and Spring Bank 17 yr rum cask.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Been sipping a little of this lately. Even though I’m sure it deserves more than my simple tastes, it is SMOOOOTH. Especially for 120 proof.

Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213