View Poll Results: So how many drink there scotch how it should be: neat?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • I drink it neat; the way it should be

69 58.97%
  • I drink it with a wee dram of water

13 11.11%
  • I drink it with Ice

33 28.21%
  • I molest it with some sugar infused concoction (Soda, Juice, etc)

6 5.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotch!!!!! (Really all things whiskey scotch or burboun realted)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    My first exposure to Scotch was in college and it was Chivas Regal. Of course back then I didn't like it at all. Now I'm very curious about Scotch.

What is a good. smooth Scotch thta is easy drinking and won't cost me multiple arms and legs. I'd like to try something not super expensive but more on the higher end quality wise.
    Try a Glenlevit or an Oban. Glenlevit being the more subtle and smooth of the two. They are both great examples of a smoothe and subtle yet flavorful scotch. Very high quality and won't break the bank, they are a bit pricey, but not too bad. The Speyside 10 is also nice and smoothe; and at $30.00 for a 1.75 here locally they are by far the best 12 year east highland scotch bang for the buck on the low end of the buck (If that makes sense?). They used to be $22.00 for a 1.75 of 10 year; but now are only offered in the 12 year bottling for $30.00 (sometimes much more, but at some stores I find them for $30.00). And Speyside is a single malt to boot.
    Last edited by THCDDM4; 09-30-10 at 13:40.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    There is only Makers Mark.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    There is only Makers Mark.
    I will agree! But then again, I also murder it with coke more often than not. . .
    A work in progress, check epitaph for results.

Si Succiderit, De Genu Pugnat

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    Try a Glenlevit or an Oban. Glenlevit being the more subtle and smooth of the two. They are both great examples of a smoothe and subtle yet flavorful scotch. Very high quality and won't break the bank, they are a bit pricey, but not too bad. The Speyside 10 is also nice and smoothe; and at $30.00 for a 1.75 here locally they are by far the best 12 year east highland scotch bang for the buck on the low end of the buck (If that makes sense?). They used to be $22.00 for a 1.75 of 10 year; but now are only offered in the 12 year bottling for $30.00 (sometimes much more, but at some stores I find them for $30.00). And Speyside is a single malt to boot.
    I'll look for both. Glenlevit I know we have here. I'll look for the Speyside first though just because I've never heard of it.

Makers Mark is always on the rocks. I never mix it. One of my buddies is a Wild Turkey fan and he always kills it with coke. Now that we are talking about this I'm going to pick up a bottle of the new Makers on the way home.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm from Kentucky, so I got a little burned out on bourbon long ago. I've never managed to develop a taste for Scotch. I've consumed a fair quantity of Irish whiskey over the years, but a lot of it lacks character and isn't very memorable.

My new kick is rye whiskey, which has thankfully made a comeback from near-extinction. And a lot of it is made here in Kentucky, right alongside the bourbon.

Derek
    An evil soul wields an evil sword.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Peat fired

I love a more smoky flavor so Lagavulin is my choice from Islay. Macallans' always have on hand. But Irish whiskey is Jameson or Bushmills "Black Bush" label. All good offerings, followed with a good Port or Madiera and cigar.
    Last edited by jklaughrey; 10-01-10 at 09:17.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Caol Ila & Bookers are my favorites...
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger seven View Post
    I'm from Kentucky, so I got a little burned out on bourbon long ago. I've never managed to develop a taste for Scotch. I've consumed a fair quantity of Irish whiskey over the years, but a lot of it lacks character and isn't very memorable.

My new kick is rye whiskey, which has thankfully made a comeback from near-extinction. And a lot of it is made here in Kentucky, right alongside the bourbon.

Derek
    Have you tried wheat? It is so-so, in my opinion.

Frankly, for the money, you can't beat Jack Daniels neat in a tumbler.

B_C

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Woodford Reserve or Single Barrel Jack
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    Have you tried wheat? It is so-so, in my opinion.

Frankly, for the money, you can't beat Jack Daniels neat in a tumbler.

B_C
    No, I haven't tried wheat. Bernheim is locally produced, but I just haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

Derek
    An evil soul wields an evil sword.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast